DirectTV pricing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LindaKay

Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I hope I'm on the right forum.

I'm completely lost on Directv fees. I've read them and read them and still don't understand exactly.

Right now I have Total Choice Plus at $54.99. I have a Protection Plan at $5.99 which I don't understand what that covers since I had to pay for everything the last time he was at my house. My plan includes my local channels which, apparently are included in the Total Choice Plus.

I have 2 old receivers I'm using in living room and bedroom (DRD435RH). My receivers are $4.99 each monthly.

I want to order two additional Directv Plus DVR Receivers. I guess the receivers are $99.00 each. I guess I have to buy them so that will be $198.00.

My question is: Will I have to pay $5.99 each month for each new receiver PLUS $4.99 lease for each receiver although I'm buying them? I would like to just lease them. I don't understand that if I buy them at $99 each, why do I have to pay for $4.99 lease every month in addition to the $5.99 for the "pause, rewind, and recording", each month.

So basically, my monthly fees will be $87.00 plus $198.00 for the new DVR Receivers?

Thanks for any help.

I'm lost. Please help.

I hope I'm on the right forum.

I'm completely lost on Directv fees. I've read them and read them and still don't understand exactly.

Right now I have Total Choice Plus at $54.99. I have a Protection Plan at $5.99 which I don't understand what that covers since I had to pay for everything the last time he was at my house. My plan includes my local channels which, apparently are included in the Total Choice Plus.

I have 2 old receivers I'm using in living room and bedroom (DRD435RH). My receivers are $4.99 each monthly.

I want to order two additional Directv Plus DVR Receivers. I guess the receivers are $99.00 each. I guess I have to buy them so that will be $198.00.

My question is: Will I have to pay $5.99 each month for each new receiver PLUS $4.99 lease for each receiver although I'm buying them? I would like to just lease them. I don't understand that if I buy them at $99 each, why do I have to pay for $4.99 lease every month in addition to the $5.99 for the "pause, rewind, and recording", each month.

So basically, my monthly fees will be $87.00 plus $198.00 for the new DVR Receivers?

Thanks for any help.

I'm lost. Please help.

You are actually leasing the dvrs even though you think you are buying them. The $5.99 dvr fee is per account, not per dvr, so you pay only once, but you will pay $4.99 a month for each dvr or receiver more than the first one on the account.

If you replace the old receivers instead of add, your acount would only go up 5.99mo. The protection is optional, without it any service calls run 79.

Call and ask DirecTV about a better price on the dvrs, for a while they had a 1 free dvr per account promo for existing customers.

The DVR fee is $5.99 per month, no matter how many DVRs you have. We have 4 DVRs, and pay the same $5.99.

For each receiver above and beyond the primary, you will pay $4.99 per month. For older equipment that you own, it is classified a "mirror" fee. For newer leased receivers, it is called a "lease" fee. Either way, owned or leased, you're paying the same amount. And as already stated, you would be leasing those receivers, even with the $99 up-front fee. As suggested above, I would definitely call D* to see if they'll give you a break - hopefully at least one DVR for $0 up-front.

It's kinda like Cell Phones... you can get the Free ones, but still pay a monthly fee for it, or if you want the one with more bells and whistles you pay a little extra for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)