DirectTV setup - no odd transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
North Carolina
HELP!!! I've been a DirectTV customer for some time and considered myself fairly knowledgable with the basics of system setup/troubleshooting. I've pulled an older single LNB (dual output) 18x20 "round" dish and installed at my farm. Brought a box from my system at home and cant get it working. (UGH!!) Even transponder readings in the low - mid 90's. Is it my LNB? Is the LNB/dish not compatable with my D11 single input receiver? Is there a test to figure this out? I'm FRUSTRATED AND AT WITS END. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

HELP!!! I've been a DirectTV customer for some time and considered myself fairly knowledgable with the basics of system setup/troubleshooting. I've pulled an older single LNB (dual output) 18x20 "round" dish and installed at my farm. Brought a box from my system at home and cant get it working. (UGH!!) Even transponder readings in the low - mid 90's. Is it my LNB? Is the LNB/dish not compatable with my D11 single input receiver? Is there a test to figure this out? I'm FRUSTRATED AND AT WITS END. Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

I would re check every thing.
Usually transponders on one or the other is a bad LNB, but also check your coax and connections.

Did you run thru the normal procedure with the set up, as in going thru the whole INITIAL set up.
I don't think there is an option to select your dish type that far back, but if there is, make sure your getting that correct.

Checked all cables, connections, changed out all combinations. Odd transponders are all 0's. Evens are great. I've tried every variation in the "setup" pages which do allow for different dish/lnb configs. I guess it's the LNB. What's the cheapest solution to replace? I'd like to think I could unscrew the thing and replace it myself.....kinda doubting it at this point though....

Checked all cables, connections, changed out all combinations. Odd transponders are all 0's. Evens are great. I've tried every variation in the "setup" pages which do allow for different dish/lnb configs. I guess it's the LNB. What's the cheapest solution to replace? I'd like to think I could unscrew the thing and replace it myself.....kinda doubting it at this point though....

You use to be able to get them at Best Buy for about $ 40

I appreciate the info. Question - I had a friend bring me up his 5 LNB DTV dish. Can I swap out with the old one and get signal? Is it compatible with a D11? It has four leds coming off of it...it also has a rotation angle that the round dish doesn't...do I need some kind of mutiplex switch or can I tie in to one of the LNB feeds to pick up the 101? Sorry - feeling more clueless by the minute. Thanks for any help/directions you can provide.

I appreciate the info. Question - I had a friend bring me up his 5 LNB DTV dish. Can I swap out with the old one and get signal? Is it compatible with a D11? It has four leds coming off of it...it also has a rotation angle that the round dish doesn't...do I need some kind of mutiplex switch or can I tie in to one of the LNB feeds to pick up the 101? Sorry - feeling more clueless by the minute. Thanks for any help/directions you can provide.

You would need to set up the new dish ... yes the old recvr will work with the 5 LNB set up fine.
No need for multiswitch unless your using more than 4 tuners (dvr equals 2).
Just hook up to one of the leads ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts