DIRECTV: 100 HDTV Channels In 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Name how many National channels cable co. have that D* does not. And I'm sorry but A&E does not count.
MHD. CinemaxHD. StarzHD. (And why does A&EHD not count?)

Also, you cannot forget about local HD or local digital subchannels. In my area, the PBS station, in addition to their standard SD channel, has an HD channel and 4 sub-channels of unique content. E* and D* do not carry them. I also notice that D* seems to carry FSNBA HD events, but not CSW HD. (It's unclear what RSN HD E* carries, if any.) For Warriors fans, I would think that's a big deal. So, local HD is a VERY important part of the decision-making process.

Last edited:
MHD? (And why does A&EHD not count?)

For a channel to be called HD it cannot streach a SD signal. So A&E HD doe snot count. Along with continuous CSI Miami.

Oh here is Cox HD in Tulsa. 7 National HD channels.

711 OETA HD 721 ESPN2 HD 740 COXHD
715 KOKI - FOX HD 725 Discovery HD 750 HBO HD
716 KOTV - CBS HD 729 TNT HD 755 Showtime HD
718 KTUL - ABC HD 730 Universal HD 760 Starz! HD
719 KJRH - NBC HD 735 INHD
720 ESPN HD 739 MHD

Last edited:
This comment puts you in the troll class, since no one knows for sure what the new hd channels will look like. In fact, the SMART people think that they will not be hd lite, since there will be plenty of bandwidth and they will be mpeg4.
Who are the SMART people, you? With SW1 & SW2, they have all the MPEG4 capacity they need for these channels today smart guy. I based my comments off that and the CES spokesperson remark about consumers TV's not being able to display the quality DirecTV offers today. What was your "smarter" comment based upon? The fact the D* does broadcast HDlite?

For a channel to be called HD it cannot streach a SD signal. So A&E HD doe snot count. Along with continuous CSI Miami.

It doesn't stretch on my cable company. It doesn't even show the 24 series in HD. CSI Miami is the only HD show I have seen on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaCoker

It doesn't stretch on my cable company. It doesn't even show the 24 series in HD. CSI Miami is the only HD show I have seen on there.

I am not sure if this will help or hurt, but since the kid wrecked the plasma I have been watching on a 17" 4:3 digital computer monitor. A&E is 16:9 even with the SD shows all the time for me. I have not seen any HD, but my other 4:3 channels are widescreen.

And you are the only one who can not debate directv issues with any level of maturity and non-hostility.

I have no problem with charper, I think he is wrong in many ways about directv's hd offerings but at least he doesn't fly off the handle everytime someone disagrees.

And again, I am not banned from any forum so quit spreading lies. You have been warned far more often for inflammatory posts and behavior on forums than I have.

You ARE banned at dbstalk (anyone can ask Earl for confirmation on BOTH of these), as well as at avsforums (under your other name of TVBob). This is FACT not flame.

You ARE banned at dbstalk (anyone can ask Earl for confirmation on BOTH of these), as well as at avsforums (under your other name of TVBob). This is FACT not flame.

I was banned for a brief time at dbs when they thought I was someone else, but that was cleared up a long time ago, earl had nothing to do with my banning or reinstatement.

I haven't posted at avs in years.

This has no relevance on anything, so why keep bringing it up. Do you want me to stoop to your level and show everyone all of your posts on various forums flagged for personal attacks on anyone who says anything halfway critical of your precious directv? It's a tv service, not a family member, grow a backbone.

Ok, guys simmer down now. Simmer..............Simma......Simmer Down now.

Geeez I have seen that 10 times already, okay Questioner, if you were banned, it's cool. We are all for second chances, just admit it (if it's true) and scobuc will promise to never ever bring it up again. I personally would hang with you if it is true, kinda give me some strret cred, even though I disagree with 90% of what you say but I do think you say it eloquenlty. Just curious, are you a D* sub? or do you just hate us fanboys? Anyway let me know cause I am in, we can even come up with like a cool handshake or something! Banned, coool.

Geeez I have seen that 10 times already, okay Questioner, if you were banned, it's cool. We are all for second chances, just admit it (if it's true) and scobuc will promise to never ever bring it up again. I personally would hang with you if it is true, kinda give me some strret cred, even though I disagree with 90% of what you say but I do think you say it eloquenlty. Just curious, are you a D* sub? or do you just hate us fanboys? Anyway let me know cause I am in, we can even come up with like a cool handshake or something! Banned, coool.

Correct, if he admits it I won't bring it up again. And Earl who is a super mod at DBS is actually the mod that banned him, and has publicly in THIS forum backs that up. AVSFORUM (same group) banned him also, and Earl will ALSO back THAT up (and has done so here before).

Easy enough to post a link showing he is stilled banned there if he wants all to see it AGAIN.

nuff said

From Todays Sky Report

DIRECTV's CES Puts Pressure on Cable Competition
Here in Las Vegas, DIRECTV accomplished to ruffle some feathers among the pay-TV crowds... Everyone knows the company is launching two satellites later this year that will take its HD offering through the roof, but the company's plans for sports - namely NASCAR, gaming and a rumored deal on MLB - and the it's soon-to-be dominance with local and national HD channels, has the satcaster's land-locked competition feeling the heat.

DIRECTV said at CES this week it will soon be able to offer 150 national and 1500 local HD channels - an announcement that will force cable companies across the country to address their coming HD inferiority. And while the cable industry will not have the capacity to carry as much HD as DIRECTV, satellite folk can bet that cable interests will do everything they can - including bumping unpopular channels and multiple feeds of current premium channels.

720 ESPN HD 739 MHD

Good thing I don't live in Tulsa. (For a number of reasons, the piss poor cable system only being one of them.)
Comcast in SJ gives me the following HD (in what appears to be full HD-rez):
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
DISCHD
InHD
TNTHD
UHD
MHD
FSBAHD (RSN)
NFLHD
HBOHD
SHOHD
MAXHD
STZHD
KTVUHD-FOX
KNTVHD-NBC
KRONHD-IND
KPIXHD-CBS
KGOHD-ABC
KQEDHD-PBS (plus the 4 DT subchannels)

So, I'm not hurting for HD right now. I'd like more, of course. But, I can afford to sit back and see what D*, E*, and A* (ATT) will have to offer me in the coming year, or for that matter, what C* does. I'm in the proverbial cat bird seat.

As for A&EHD, you must give them time. Remember TNTHD at the beginning? Or, even ESPNHD? They will be adding to their true HD content, little by little. In the mean time, if they're not stretching it, I'll bet the SD stuff on A&EHD probably looks better than the same programming on SD A&E due to less compression.

720 ESPN HD 739 MHD
Lucky you. Cox OKC doesn't have ABC or FOX digital due to disputes with Hearst and Sinclair. Hooray for OTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dish roof install - winter?

DirecTV Drops $1M on HD Equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)