Directv 1080p support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MattJ2124

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Ohio
I have a Sony Bravia model KDL52W3000 that supports 1080p. I have an HR21-700 hooked up to it (hdmi) with it set to native. My receiver received the forced download of 0290 and I noticed that under the HDTV menu for resolutions, that 1080p is available, but when I check off that option, it goes dark, and then comes back to tell me that my tv does not accept Directv's 1080p broadcasts. Looking at my tv instructions, it states my tv accepts all 1080p on the HDMI outputs, plus I have a PS3/BluRay and the 1080p comes out perfect on my tv:confused. Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong?:confused::confused::confused:

Re: 1080p

I just got 0x290 as well, and I am having the same problem with my Sharp 1080p. My guess is that 1080p isn't working properly yet in 0x290.

The best thing you can do it so log your specific brand and model of TV that's having the problem so DirecTV can research it further. If you've network connected your HR2X and can generate an error report all the better and also provide that report number. If you don't know about the error report function join the CE program and find out how to do it.

The best thing you can do it so log your specific brand and model of TV that's having the problem so DirecTV can research it further. If you've network connected your HR2X and can generate an error report all the better and also provide that report number. If you don't know about the error report function join the CE program and find out how to do it.

Read the rules about the CE before deciding to join.

It has to support 1080p/24. Many TVs only support 1080p/60.

My tv is showing my PS3 running on 1080p/24 but nothing on my HR-21 700, very frustrating...

I have 1080p/24, still working on it...
Relax Matt, this is very new for D* so I am sure they will have some issues till they get everything straightened out.

You would have figured that they would have finished this in the Beta tests, but apparently not.

Jimbo

Same problem here. Hr21-700 through Pioneer VSX84 receiver then to JVC RS-1 Projector.

Can anyone give me information. I also recieved the software download on 10-21-2008. I have a 1080p Samsung. The picture now is horrible. Why????? Any ideas. I have an HR20 DVR. My "closed caption" is not working. What is wrong with this company. I had a great 1080p TV spent alot of money so I could watch MLB and NFL Packages and like I said the picture is wierd or should I say horrible. Anyone with answers I would appreciate. Send me a private message so I can make sure I get it. Kinda new here.

Last edited:
i'm having the same problem with my HR20-100 and my panny 65-10UK monitor.

i noticed that someone mentioned he's running his video through his audio receiver, like me, is everyone here that's having problems running their video through an audio receiver?

just curious.

Can anyone give me information. I also recieved the software download on 10-21-2008. I have a 1080p Samsung. The picture now is horrible. Why????? Any ideas. I have an HR20 DVR. My "closed caption" is not working. What is wrong with this company. I had a great 1080p TV spent alot of money so I could watch MLB and NFL Packages and like I said the picture is wierd or should I say horrible. Anyone with answers I would appreciate. Send me a private message so I can make sure I get it. Kinda new here.

My Sammy FP-T5084 is just fine so far. You might try powering off and disconnecting some cables. Let all the electrons die off and then power back up. Might be an HDCP/HDMI handshaking issue.

I have a Sony Bravia model KDL52W3000 that supports 1080p. I have an HR21-700 hooked up to it (hdmi) with it set to native. My receiver received the forced download of 0290 and I noticed that under the HDTV menu for resolutions, that 1080p is available, but when I check off that option, it goes dark, and then comes back to tell me that my tv does not accept Directv's 1080p broadcasts. Looking at my tv instructions, it states my tv accepts all 1080p on the HDMI outputs, plus I have a PS3/BluRay and the 1080p comes out perfect on my tv:confused. Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong?:confused::confused::confused:

Matt,

I have a Sony SXRD KDS-50A2000 which is a 1080 Full HD and I assume supports both 24 and 60. The first time I tried to set the 1080p, I got the incompatibility message. However, after searching around the internet, someone with this set said to press "info" on the DTV remote while the system is testing for 1080p. I did that and it worked. Might not hurt to give it a try.

On another note, does anyone know if there is a way to test that you have 1080p once it's set? Any test channels?

Last edited:
I have my HD-DVR - HR21-200 connected to a Samsung LN52A750 and Yamaha RX-V1800 and 1080p is not working. It does work from PS3 though (I tested 1080p 24Hz from the setup menu) connected the same way.

My other system is HD-DVR - HR20-700 and is connected to a Dell 2408WFP (which specs say it supports 1080p) connected using HDMI has 1080p grayed out saying it does not support it.

Something is wrong here. :(

Getting 1080P to work with Sharp 46D92U

I am trying to get this to work but haven't had any luck. Has any one gotten the sharp aquos line of D92U's to work with the directv 1080P signal. I have gotten my PS3 to work 1080P with my sharp, so I am stumped :(. Please any advice

Trevor

To all... Relax! D*s programming has been better than Microsoft's lately! I am on the other end of the problem. My HR21 says my 720p TV supports 1080P when I fully know it doesn't. I simply keep native turned off to avoid any problems.

DirecTV has only been playing with 1080P support for a few months and there will be quite a few bugs to work out. Some issues may actually be the interfacing within certain models of TVs.

To the OP... I have seen a few threads around here stating that some Sony TVs need to have the D* HDDVR plugged into HDMI 2 in order for it to work correctly. Try this and see if the dice roll in your favor.

Matt,

The first time I tried to set the 1080p, I got the incompatibility message. However, after searching around the internet, someone with this set said to press "info" on the DTV remote while the system is testing for 1080p. I did that and it worked. Might not hurt to give it a try.

The 1080p test asks you to confirm that you could see the pop-up message by pressing the INFO button. By simply clicking the INFO button while looking at the black screen didn't really make anything good happen for you. I bet if you were to find some 1080p content, it wouldn't play because you "cheated" on the test. :)

bpjones,
Did you change any menu settings on your sony? Or did you just have your receiver plugged in through hdmi and it automatically read the 1080p, because i have tried all hdmi inputs and all menu settings and no luck. I am starting to lean towards the others that are saying that it just isnt ready yet...

Go to technical section, I started a thread there on this topic, I have a Sony Bravia 1080p/24 and I have been having the same problem, same situation with my PS3 (no problems and running 1080p/24) and I havent had any luck, but there are some suggestions there that might help you...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts