Directv 1080p upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pm240sx

Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Is anyone else have trouble using the 1080p on there HD-DVR from Directv. I'm getting my TV. is unable to handle the resolution (sony KDS-60A2000). Thats complete B.S. because my TV is a 1080p capable tv and my PS3 plays 1080p content perfectly. Anyone having this issue?

It's not just 1080p but must support 1080p/24 and the set must handshake properly with the HR2X over HDMI that it can support it. I've seen a number of people post about problems with Sony on this issue. I had a Sony KDF46E2000 that always had issues with audio via HDMI from HR2X's saying it was passing unsupported audio, never had a problem with any other set I've used with HDMI.

Sony Bravia 1080p/24, same thing with mine, can never get the HD-DVR to read it, tried everything, but my TV will display my Blu-Ray and PS3 in 1080p/24, decided I'm not worrying about it anymore...

Is anyone else have trouble using the 1080p on there HD-DVR from Directv. I'm getting my TV. is unable to handle the resolution (sony KDS-60A2000). Thats complete B.S. because my TV is a 1080p capable tv and my PS3 plays 1080p content perfectly. Anyone having this issue?

I have the same set and unfortunately it is not capable of accepting 1080p/24 which is what DTV is sending. The set only accepts 1080p/60. Worse, the video chips in the current DTV HDDVRs can't support 1080p/60, so the current receivers will never do it!

A lot of us got screwed by TV manufacturers who knew that 24p content was coming yet still advertised 1080p/60-only TVs as "1080p" without specifying that they only did 1080p/60, and didn't also do 1080p/24.

:welcome

same problem here. today manufacturers are making sets that display higher rates than 60 but they also added 24hz support to some not all. I'm sure D's next line of HD Dvr's will support 60hz at 1080p :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)