DIRECTV-11 Scheduled for December 2007 Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice. So with expected delays from the French we can get a first quarter maybe 2nd quarter launch. Thats still pretty good. Good find.

I'd say it's accurate. I've read before that D11 was their 2nd launch after return to flight and their first launch will be in September so December should be more then doable.

I'd say it's accurate. I've read before that D11 was their 2nd launch after return to flight and their first launch will be in September so December should be more then doable.

Well I hope so. BTW, the first launch is October (Thuraya3).

Also, I am suprised that ECHOPSTAR 11 was passed by - it was supposed to be the next launch prior to the accident, wasn't it? Also. in light of the reports and posts that Charlie said 2 sats would go up this year - it is a little unexpected.

No Frenchmen involved with Sea Launch. You're thinking of the launch that was sending up two birds at once and we had to wait because the other one had problems. That one was French.

AMC 14 is one of the satellites, which is going up via Proton in Kazakhstan. Not sure what the other satellite Charlie was talking about. Perhaps Echostar 11, which may be going up via Proton as well in 2008.

AMC 14 is one of the satellites, which is going up via Proton in Kazakhstan. Not sure what the other satellite Charlie was talking about. Perhaps Echostar 11, which may be going up via Proton as well in 2008.

Well - the 'chatter' was that it indeed was AMC14 but also Echostar 11. While all is obviously subject to change (as we all know too well), it doesn't look like both will fly THIS year right now.

It appears that D11 was pushed up, while E11 was pushed back.

Well I hope so. BTW, the first launch is October (Thuraya3).

Also, I am suprised that ECHOPSTAR 11 was passed by - it was supposed to be the next launch prior to the accident, wasn't it? Also. in light of the reports and posts that Charlie said 2 sats would go up this year - it is a little unexpected.

Well that was last I had remember reading a while back. Sounds like that's about right though with first launch in October and then D11 in Dec/Jan. I think Sealaunch has about a 2 month turn around on launches.

As for Charlie, could be he went and cancelled with SeaLaunch not wanting to wait and got E11 up on another launcher's schedule.

E*'s filing with the FCC implied that they would still be using SeaLaunch, but the launch date wasn't specified. The phrase used was "Due to past and recent launch vehicle incidents, the projected launch date for EchoStar 11 is not certain but could be as early as October 1 of this year, ..."

See here.

Some sats can be piggy-backed. DIRECTV-11 can't from what I understand. It is too heavy (6 metric tons).

Not talking about piggybacking. SeaLaunch has the capability to take two seperate launcher and payloads out to the launch site per trip. Doing so would reduce the delay between launches since they wouldn't have to go all the way back to Long Beach for the next payload and rocket.

Regardless of the order they schedule the launches, I wouldn't expect they would be in the mood to 'rush' things right after an accident. But - time will tell I guess.

E*'s filing with the FCC implied that they would still be using SeaLaunch, but the launch date wasn't specified. The phrase used was "Due to past and recent launch vehicle incidents, the projected launch date for EchoStar 11 is not certain but could be as early as October 1 of this year, ..."

See here.

I was referring to the speculation and chatter in the forums that the 2 birds Charlie said would launch this year INCLUDED ECHOSTAR X! and AMC14. If not going to be E11, what is the second one for this year?

hey, i just sent bob mercer an email and his response was....```early next year' is about as specific as we can get right now.''

thought, i should pass that along!

I was referring to the speculation and chatter in the forums that the 2 birds Charlie said would launch this year INCLUDED ECHOSTAR X! and AMC14. If not going to be E11, what is the second one for this year?
Not sure what Echostar X! is, but even E* doesn't quite know when E11 can launch. Looks like they were hoping for October of this year.

Interesting - Lyngsat also updated their launch info for DIRECTV-11 on July 15th. They show it as November of 2007. I say its good news and the launch might be sooner than recently speculated.

Echostar XI is still listed with a question mark (no change for a while).

Satellite Launches - 2007 - LyngSat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts