Directv 11 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Anyone have any news update on Directv 11? I have been tracking it on live update, and I know it is not in it's parking spot yet. I was just wondering if all the systems are checking out ok and if they have begun any program testing yet?

If you want to track Directv 11 go here:

DIRECTV 11 Satellite details 2008-013A NORAD 32729

New Update

Day 58.4, TLE#74, 9:10:02 since last TLE (using past 30 TLE average).

Perigee increased 95km and has 898km to go.
Apogee decreased 3km and has 1,117km to go.

Perigee gaining at an average of 145.57km per day or 6.1km per hour.

7.0 more days or Saturday, May 24, 4:35 AM to parking it. Another 2 to 4 weeks before they light it up.

Almost There!

Looking Good! Apogee is only off by 6km. may be fixed already since last night.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 269
Let testing begin!

It appears that Direct 11 is in a stable testing orbit at 99.4. It looks like they will leave it there while the turn on and test all the transponders. They will move it to its final orbit at 99.225 when they are about ready to start turning on channels for us. I don't have any proof, but I am guessing 3 to 4 weeks of good solid testing before we see the move to the it's final parking orbit at 99.225.

If anyone else knows something different please let us know.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 286
It appears that Direct 11 is in a stable testing orbit at 99.4. It looks like they will leave it there while the turn on and test all the transponders. They will move it to its final orbit at 99.225 when they are about ready to start turning on channels for us. I don't have any proof, but I am guessing 3 to 4 weeks of good solid testing before we see the move to the it's final parking orbit at 99.225.

:hungry::D:D:D

Did you noticed the declination angle ? -7 degree - too much for DTH service.

DTV 11 Testing New BBS Band Experimental Payload

For anyone wondering what is happening with DTV 11, they have moved it from its' KaKu test slot at 99.4 to a new testing slot at 100.7 test a new BSS band experimental payload. This seems to be what the delay is in turning on new channels. After they test the new BSS experimental paylad, they will move it back to 99.225 to start service.

My guess is that this new testing will take at least 2 to 3 weeks. So don't expect them to be ready for new HD till August.

A new transmission band

It is a new transmission band. We use a Ka and Ku Band now. The reason that they moved it to 100.7 seems to be to see if the new BBS band will work with current band transmissions at the same time.

It is a new transmission band. We use a Ka and Ku Band now. The reason that they moved it to 100.7 seems to be to see if the new BBS band will work with current band transmissions at the same time.

Ahh Crap, 100.7? That's not going to interfere with my wife's favorite radio station is it, I'll hear about it for weeks! ;)

DTV 11 Moving Back to 99.225

DTV 11 has finished testing its' special band width package, and it is now moving back to 99.225. They should test it again at this location for a couple of weeks, and start firing it up maybe by mid August.

maybe he got it from dbs? someone there actually put an estimate of jujly 31st. that would be great! but it seems difficult.

maybe he got it from dbs? someone there actually put an estimate of jujly 31st. that would be great! but it seems difficult.
Yea i have been going to dbstalk and following the D*11 thread and that is what they are reporting also!! I feel so dirty for admitting that!!:(

Mid to late August is not out of the question. And I don't need to back up this statement. Believe what you will. You'll find out soon enough. But remember things can still cause more delays.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts