Directv 11 Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anymore news on when some more D* HD channels will be added? I am sick of seeing Dish and cable companies talking about adding there channels. Even though D* is still the leader it has been quiet for sometime now.

Anymore news on when some more D* HD channels will be added? I am sick of seeing Dish and cable companies talking about adding there channels. Even though D* is still the leader it has been quiet for sometime now.

Patience grasshopper.:)

August and September will be here shortly.

Anymore news on when some more D* HD channels will be added?

D11 is still at 101 position doing the experimental BSS testing (which will allow for more channel at some future date) and IIRC their FCC approval for testing should be ending soon. They then need to move it back to 99 and finish up it's testing there. Everything D* has said was in the August/September time frame so based on what they said and what's been happening IMHO that's when you'll probably see some new HD channels.

Remember, with D11 D* said they'll have the capacity for up to 150 national HD channels. E*'s so far saying only they'll have 100 by end of the year.

I would also like to know. I subscribed to D* back in Feb because they said the most HD channels, but it seems everyone is adding channels but D* is not. :(

Wow that is good news! I was starting to lose faith in D* being the HD leader.

Werry,
Welcome to the site, :)

The majority of the HD channels D* has, have been up for quite some time now, the others are trying to talk up the additions of thier channels , which is fine, but while so and so decides to add the channel, you've already had it on D*.

D* will have MORE channels going up shortly when the have the green light for the new sat .

Jimbo

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-remains-clear-hd-leader-130-hd-channels.html

AUGUST 14th. Then more to come between then and the end of the year. Expect 130 by end of year. Which is about 10-15 more than they have announced channel names of.

They previously mentioned 150 by the end of the year, so maybe there may be 30 or more. I'm a bit disappointed that more haven't been announced yet, but they are being conservative. It will be interesting.

Bob, you should know by now that D* rarely announces channels officialy that they are adding .....
The are simply making sure the sub doesn't come back at them saying "You said so and so channel is coming and it's not here yet "

You know how it goes ....
Personally if it were me, I would not announce them either, until it's offical.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)