Directv 119 degrees

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kmcallis1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I'm a newbie on this site so forgive me if this question has been asked already.

Because of trees in my neighborhood, I cannot link to the 119 degree satellite. An installer in town (not DirectTech so I think he knows what he is talking about) said that the HD channels currently broadcasting off of 119 will be moving to the other satellites in the next 18 months. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, do any of the NFL HD games come off of 119?

I'm thinking of upgrading to the new HD service and dish so any information regarding the plans for 119 are appreciated.

Thank you,

What is your location or zip? Where or how is your dish mounted? Are you able to get the 109.8°w and 101.0°w signals now? Exact transponder movement is rarely noted in advance, but with 4 new birds in the system between now and 2007, movement is likely.

On 101.0°w for now:

Core programming, PPV, locals, XM, music
80 WCBS-DT (CBS - New York)
81 KCBS-DT (CBS - Los Angeles)
82 WNBC-DT (NBC - New York)

On 119.0°w for now:

Some locals and Para Todos
72 ESPN 2 HD
76 Discovery HD Theater
79 HDNet
83 KNBC-DT (NBC - Los Angeles)
86 WABC-DT (ABC - New York)
87 KABC-DT (ABC - Los Angeles)
88 WNYW-DT (FOX - New York)
89 KTTV-DT (FOX - Los Angeles)
94 Yes Network HD

On 109.08°w for now:
70 HBO HDTV
71 Showtime HDTV
73 ESPN HD
74 Universal HD
75 TNT HD
78 HDNet Movies
99 HD PPV
509 HBO HDTV East
543 Showtime HDTV

Last edited:
My location is New Jersey. Zip code is 07960. My dish is pole mounted. Houses in the neighborhood are over 20 years old and trees are large and lush. The dish sits in a natural area in the front of my house, really the only place where I can get reception. I only have the system for the NFL package being from North Carolina I have to support the Panthers.

109.08 degrees is not a problem but 119 degrees will be a problem due to neighbors trees being in the way per installer.

Any idea why its pole mounted in the yard at say 6' - 8' as opposed to 20' - 30' on top of the house to clear a LOS?

Trees are huge. Not sure if that (20 - 30 feet) would even clear the two large trees in my front yard. I cannot even wrap my arms around the base of these trees.

Also, the installer six years ago chose the pole route for that reason. Now we are talking six years later and the trees have only gotten larger.

Is Yes HD definitely going on 119?

I had a problem with the 119 too. My neighbors tree blocked enough of it and I kept losing the picture. I had to move my dish to my garage and air run the coax back to the house. While not ideal, it at least gave me a line of sight.

Line of sight issues are frustrating aren't they?

kmcallis1 said:
I'm a newbie on this site so forgive me if this question has been asked already.

Because of trees in my neighborhood, I cannot link to the 119 degree satellite. An installer in town (not DirectTech so I think he knows what he is talking about) said that the HD channels currently broadcasting off of 119 will be moving to the other satellites in the next 18 months. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, do any of the NFL HD games come off of 119?

I'm thinking of upgrading to the new HD service and dish so any information regarding the plans for 119 are appreciated.

Thank you,

I have the same problem with 119. I do believe that in the future aprox 1-2 years all HD channels will be on 101, 99, and 103. this will make it easier for a smaller dish to pick up the three satellites. i did have a list a while back of nfl sunday. ticket hd and most of them were on 101 but there were a few on 110 and 119. i can't remember where i saw the list try searching on google.

Thanks for the update guys.

If NFL Sunday Ticket goes out for bid in the near future and DTV loses its hold on it I'm probably gone.

Otherwise I have to move somewhere where my dish will have excellent LOS. I told that to my wife and she gave me a dirty look

Status
Please reply by conversation.