Directv 18" dish alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corvette1991

Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I have my dish aligned correctly but only get spanish chanels the only hbo I get is bho latin # 511 what gives it says I have 100% signal but on the alignment screen on the dish it will only show 100 from the middle satalite the other two are 0? Could the lnb be bad? When I try other chanels it says searching for signal. I did use a compass the pole is level and azuminth is correct?:mad:

WELCOME!

I am not 100% clear on your question, but....... 18" dish? Are you talking about the PhaseI with one LNB? If so you will only pick up the satellite located where you aim; which is likely the 101 orbital slot. If you want to "see" more than one satellite, you need to upgrade to the newer multi-LNB dish setups.

Also, what package are you subscribed to?

I have my dish aligned correctly but only get spanish chanels the only hbo I get is bho latin # 511 what gives it says I have 100% signal but on the alignment screen on the dish it will only show 100 from the middle satalite the other two are 0? Could the lnb be bad? When I try other chanels it says searching for signal. I did use a compass the pole is level and azuminth is correct?:mad:

If you have an 18" dish with one or two LNB's, you must set your receiver to the correct type of dish in the satellite setup menu. This will affect your aiming and affect how the receiver looks for and processes the sat signals.

Otherwise, it sounds like an alignment problem.

I think you are hitting the 119 satellite.

Check the signal meter for the 101 satellite.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)