DirecTV 2 PC - New Beta Version 5102

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats why I had to reinstall the newest. I just put 7 on and tried both my keys and neither will work.

Well I have 3 keys, one for each OS I multiboot to Vx32, V64, & W7 beta. Anyway I'll give a try at installing the app tommorw and report back. Too tired to futz with it right now

Well decided to go ahead and give it a shot while I was mucking about. Took my key np.

Finally got a key to my old Yahoo account that has, up until recently, been nothing but spam.

Won't play (edited: pretty much everything) so far. "DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings." I have the latest drivers according to NVIDIA's site and I don't know how to modify driver settings.

Last edited:
Screw it, uninstalling it. Someone let me know when Cyberlink has their crap together.

Won't play (edited: pretty much everything) so far. "DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings." I have the latest drivers according to NVIDIA's site and I don't know how to modify driver settings.

I was happy using windows vista, now I'm testing windows 7 release candidate, and I´m getting the same error. My drivers are up-to-date, and my hardware hasn't changed.

Why directv2pc 5102 works perfectly with WinVista and not Win7...? I guess for now I'll reinstall Vista.

Samsung T220 monitor
Nvidia 8500 GeForce
Intel Core 2 Duo.

Odd, its working fine here in both Vista x64 and Win 7 RC x64. Then again I'm using an ATI card and they are actually creating a combined driver pkg that is for both x64 OS's so I'm using the same driver pkg in both. The only problem I've ran into thus far was that when I first installed some of the newer ATI drivers it installed an HDMI Audio driver and I would have to first disable that driver, run DTV2PC once, then I could renable the driver and everything ran and is running just fine.

Been ages since I used an Nvidia card but don't they include some sort of control panel/options center like ATI? If so maybe there is a setting option in there you can enable or disable concerning screen capturing that will then let stuff play.

No, I searched around for some kind of control, but everything is so simple, and I'm using the avanced mode menus.
I used to have an ATI card and it had all kinds of controls, but nvidia doesn't.
I'll try installing another drivers and see what happens.

I get the same crap.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

Driver Provider: Nvidia
Driver date: 4/30/2009
Driver version: 8.15.11.8585
Digital Signer: MS

What gives???

I get the same crap.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

Driver Provider: Nvidia
Driver date: 4/30/2009
Driver version: 8.15.11.8585
Digital Signer: MS

What gives???

What gives? Maybe its Cyberlink and DirecTV insisting insanely strict "copy protection" with the software. I sure would like to know how they think people are going to copy it and why the people would like to do that. I mean, would it not be far easier to just copy the sh*t directly from the DVR with the outputs on the box than to try to screw with software capturing???

In any case, this is complete bullsh*t why this software isn't working. It has put a VERY bad taste in my mouth. I don't think I will want to screw with this even when they DO get it working. I would rather go out and spend $100 or more for a receiver that will do MRV when it gets going.

Where to download ver. 4526

I am in need of downloading directv2pc version 4526. I have followed the link at the begining of this thread and it continues to send me to the new version. Does anyone have a copy of ver. 4526 they can email me, or a link to download it. I only need the program not the activation code.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)