Directv $20 off for 12 months

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

minnow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
I see the discount is still be offered today even though yesterday was suppose to be the end of this. If I'm reading the fine print correctly, the offer has been extended to June 30th. Also the Visa $50.00 cash card is still be offered as well. Now if one can combine this with the upcoming $100 drop in price of the HD DVR, then you've got a good deal.

Are you sure about that? The website states the new promotion is 10 dollars off for 12 months, not 20.

What is this promo? I've seen brief mention of it, but haven't found details. I'm sure it's been mentioned and I'm overlooking it in previous threads, but I'm having no luck finding it.

I'm looking to upgrade my remaining HR10-250.

TIA!

I think its only for new customers. I know someone that got it today plus the $100 price drop on the HD DVR, but they were a new customer.

I received an offer in the mail as a previous customer. It was honored today on the phone but I had to ask for it. It reads as follows:

SAVE $220 on our most popular programming packages

[CHOICE package and above. Price reflected includes two $10 bill credits per month: one for 12 consecutive months and the other for 10 consecutive months. The 10 month credit requires mail-in redemption. Two separate bill credits, terms and conditions may differ.]

Offers end 1/31/08. Credit card may be required.

I hope that helps. Be sure to ask for the HD DVR $100 price drop if you call before January 10th. :up

Here's what I was able to get just about an hour ago (7pm pacific time).
I got an HDDVR receiver for our TV room and 3 standard receivers for the other three bedrooms. Eventually, i will swap out the standard receiver in our master bedroom for an HD receiver, but not yet.

So, with that, and getting the HD Dvr package deal I got the following:

$20 off in credits, beginning month #2, for one year (mail-in redemption). And when I mentioned the $100 price drop, they offered a $100 credit on the first month's bill. I would still have to pay $199 for the HDDVR, but it would be offset with the credit.

So my first month's total, which would normally be $84.96, will be paid for with the credit. The remainder of the $100 credit carries over to the second bill. The next months will be $64.96 for 12 months for the whole house's service. Not bad, eh?!

All thanks to nazz for mentioning the discount. When I mentioned it to the directv rep, they said it was actually $20 for one year, like last quarter's promotion. :) Happy happy joy joy. Not I just gotta cancel Time Warners cable service, digital phone service with them, and roadrunner internet service with them.

I guess AT&T will be our phone and internet provider now.

Here goes, HD DVR Living room , HD box office , standard receiver bedroom (buying a tivo with lifetime subscription through E-Bay) and HD-DVR package...

Perks- HBO,starz,Cinemax for 90 days free and 1 year of Showtime free.

Costs
$199 HD DVR ( Giving me 100 credit on activation so really $99.00)
$99 HD Box
waive ship and handling.
free install next Sat. am.

Bill- $300.00 up front and a monthly of 79.97 minus $20.00 monthly mail in rebates for a total of $59.97... $100.00 credit will pay first month and so on.

"I'd call that a bargain...the best I ever had".....

Thanks to Nazz for the discount info($20.00 a month). I was able to use that and still get the HD DVR deal...

Canceling COX cable and phone..still need the net.. Got a pay as you go phone from t-mobile for the house, in case of emergency's. We all have cell's also.

Lewis (rep) said I can get the Sunday ticket next year with no land line also!!

Wow. I might be jumping ship from Dish Network on 1/10 if this deal is available. I still hate the 2 year commitment but this is starting to look pretty nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts