DIRECTV's Original 3D Program ‘On Deck with Jamie and Mike' Gives Viewers Unprecedented View of Famous Baseball Stadiums and the Cities and Fans that Give Them Life, Available Exclusively on n3D™, Powered by PanasonicEL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- For die-hard baseball fans who have never had the chance to visit Fenway's famous Green Monster, watch a game within "The Friendly Confines" of Wrigley Field, or eat an original Dodger Dog at Dodger stadium, DIRECTV is launching the perfect 3D series just for them. Beginning this Saturday, DIRECTV is giving fans an unprecedented view of America's national pastime with its new, original 3D series, On Deck with Jamie and Mike.
On Deck with Jamie and Mike, hosted by two spirited sports fanatics, Jamie Kaler and Mike Bunin, who are also known for their roles on TBS' sitcom, My Boys, is giving viewers an in-depth look at famous ballparks across the country, the cities that house them and the fans that bring them to life. The series will premiere in 3D on Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. ET/PT and is available exclusively on n3D, Powered by Panasonic (channel 103). The show will also air in 2D on DIRECTV's Audience Network (channel 239) beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.
"What makes real baseball fans so passionate about the game is so much more than just the players on the field," said Chris Long, senior vice president, DIRECTV Entertainment. "It is the smell of the stadium, the feel of the seats, the taste of the food they have waited all year to eat and the familiar faces that greet them when they walk through the gates. On Deck with Jamie and Mike in 3D will bring that same nostalgia to our 3D baseball fans and give them the best baseball road trip of their lives without having to get up from their couch."
The featured cities and stadiums will include:
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles - Jamie and Mike visit Dodger Stadium and announce to all, "It's Time for Dodger Baseball!" Join the boys as they go Hollywood and try to get on the VIP list.
- AT&T Ballpark, San Francisco - Jamie and Mike head to San Francisco to celebrate Grateful Dead Night at AT&T Ballpark. The summer of love returns for one night as the boys enjoy some gourmet food, batting practice from McCovey Cove, and a chilly dip in the bay.
- Comerica Park, Detroit - The Motor City rolls out the red carpet as Jamie and Mike catch a Tigers game at Comerica Park. A Segway trip around downtown and fireworks from the dugout show why Detroit is as strong as ever.
- Wrigley Field, Chicago - Jamie and Mike take a behind-the-scenes look at the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. Riding on the Cubs trolley, kayaking the Chicago River, and taking some swings in the cage highlight this magical day with the Cubs.
- Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia - Jamie and Mike get some playing time at the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, Citizen's Bank Park. Grilling cheesesteaks with Tony Luke, hanging with the Philly Phanatic, and running with "Rocky" highlight their trip to the birthplace of America.
- Fenway Park, Boston - Jamie and Mike "park their car" at Fenway Park for a wicked awesome day with the Red Sox, which includes following the Freedom Trail through Historic Boston as they make their way to the park's Green Monster.
DIRECTV offers more 3D programming than any other television provider in the country. n3D, powered by Panasonic (Ch.103), the nation's first 24/7 3D network, is available at no additional cost to millions of DIRECTV HD customers*. n3D offers customers access to exclusive, original 3D programming such as DIRECTV's award-winning series Guitar Center Sessions; the 2011 DIRECTV Celebrity Beach Bowl and Guy's Big Bite in 3D. The 3D programming available both on n3D and DIRECTV CINEMA™ are all powered by Panasonic. DIRECTV also offers 3net and ESPN 3D as part of its 3D programming platform. For more information on n3D™, powered by Panasonic, please visit www.DIRECTV.com/3D.*3DTV and equipment required.
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy-award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for ten years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit www.directv.com.
News Provided by Acquire Media