DIRECTV 3D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the message yesterday stating my box is 3D ready..and wait,..I can now watch FIFA in 3D!! Are u kidding me?!?! Soccer?!?!? Cmon guys, the US could care less about soccer. 3D is great, but apparantely only junk is being broadcasted in 3D. Ill give it a few years until I upgrade my TV to 3D until real sports appear in 3D.

I got the message yesterday stating my box is 3D ready..and wait,..I can now watch FIFA in 3D!! Are u kidding me?!?! Soccer?!?!? Cmon guys, the US could care less about soccer. 3D is great, but apparantely only junk is being broadcasted in 3D. Ill give it a few years until I upgrade my TV to 3D until real sports appear in 3D.

You do know that u can set the 3DTV to do a 2D to 3D conversion on blurays, HD shows.

Obviously the effect is different on each source material & isnt as great as true 3D, but it does give a nice 3D look to them compared to just the 2D version.

It is very cool.

So to me, no, soccer isnt all that is available to watch.

You do know that u can set the 3DTV to do a 2D to 3D conversion on blurays, HD shows.

Obviously the effect is different on each source material & isnt as great as true 3D, but it does give a nice 3D look to them compared to just the 2D version.

It is very cool.

So to me, no, soccer isnt all that is available to watch.

Did not know this. Thats cool! So, you still need to wear the glasses, right? Well, atleast I wont be stuck watching the World Cup only then. Im prob going to wait a few years anyways until 3d TV's been in production some more. I never buy the first of any new technology. I did test out the 3d tv in Best Buy and the blu ray movie I was watching looked awesome!!

Im prob going to wait a few years anyways until 3d TV's been in production some more. I never buy the first of any new technology. I did test out the 3d tv in Best Buy and the blu ray movie I was watching looked awesome!!

I'm going to wait a while longer for 3DTV as well for a couple of reasons. One to wait and see if it is more than just a passing fad. Two to wait for some standards to come along so that I can insure that the 3D won't be obsolete when final standards are agreed upon. I bought a "1080p" TV in 2005. The problem was it could only do 1080p by the PC display connector. It couldn't do it by HDMI. So I was stuck without 1080p until I got my new Panasonic a few months back.

I'm going to wait a while longer for 3DTV as well for a couple of reasons. One to wait and see if it is more than just a passing fad. Two to wait for some standards to come along so that I can insure that the 3D won't be obsolete when final standards are agreed upon. I bought a "1080p" TV in 2005. The problem was it could only do 1080p by the PC display connector. It couldn't do it by HDMI. So I was stuck without 1080p until I got my new Panasonic a few months back.

Same here. I rarely enter a new format mkt. I'd rather wait a while. I probably waited too long, though, to upgrade my SD DTV to HD back in Aug '08. :). I waited until all of the ST games were available in HD and for more HD channels in general.

Thank you to DIRECTV for inviting SatelliteGuys to this 3D Conference!

I know some people are going to be upset that the HR20 won't do 3D, but from what I heard they will work to get those folks receivers that work.

The big technical challenge here is that many people have their satellite receivers hooked to their AV systems and DIRECTV 3D wont work through an AV receiver. I know some folks are not going to like that.
You can always just run audio through your AV system and video direct to the TV. That is what I do. I use optical audio cable to my AV system and HDMI to my TV

Actually its the past . As in 1950's movie gimmicks. It will never be main stream. I think Directv would be better served to add the missing hd channels that their competition DISH has . This 3-d hoopla is nothing but an attempt at a distraction from the fact that they are behind in national hd and in locals as well. DISH will be the first company to do all 210 dmas in locals come 6/3/10. DIRECTV might want to get in the game here on things that matter to most people in the country , and stop venturing in to flashy gimmicks like 3-d.
Dish may be ahead in the number of markets they cover, but they are waaayyyy behind in the number of channel they offer in my market (Los Angeles).

Dish offers only 7 channels in HD and only a handful more in SD.
Direct offers 10 channels in HD and close to 30 in SD.

Dish offers my two RSNs in HD only part-time with many games being JIP'd or not shown in HD at all.
Direct offers my two RSNs in HD all of the time and never JIP's game and shows every single on all of the time in its entirety.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts