Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Coming
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420580740.546086.jpg
Soon

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I saw the the LG DIRECTV display for over an hour explaining to others how it worked as the guy from LG has no clue of even what RVU was.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

SatelliteGuys received the following from an anonymous source :

LG Joins DIRECTV Ready Family

January 8, 2015

The availability of DIRECTV Ready clients increases with the introduction of certain new HDTV models from LG. The expansion of the DIRECTV Ready brand means that even more customers will be able to experience full HD-DVR functionality on their TV without the need for a secondary set-top box or client at that location.

What's new with the LG DIRECTV Ready TV?

In order to install an LG DIRECTV Ready TV, a free app must be downloaded from the LG app store. Customers will need to set up an app store account to access the DIRECTV Ready app, which can be done on the TV or on an Internet-connected device.

Once the customer has established their login and password and entered them into the TV, either the customer or the technician can download and install the free app, which will activate DIRECTV Ready functionality. Technicians must advise the customer that they will step away from the DIRECTV Ready TV so the customer can enter their login and password privately, and ask the customer to let them know when the login process is complete.

The new RC73 remote is needed to interface with the LG DIRECTV Ready TV. Until the field is fully loaded with this remote model, an RC73 will automatically be shipped to the customer when the RVU OLI is closed with the "LGE 2014" option selected in the Product Name field drop-down. It is essential to accurately select the Product Name to properly identify what equipment the customer has and generate the shipment of the remote.

We've provided some resources to help the field work more easily with these new LG DIRECTV Ready clients.

Our job aid, which contains guidance on setting up a DIRECTV Ready TV, work order logic and the need for the DIRECTV Ready TV to be broadband-connected, has been updated to include information on the new LG DIRECTV Ready clients.

Additionally, we have posted new articles on the DOCK (keyword "DIRECTV Ready") that will help guide technicians through installation of LG DIRECTV Ready TVs.

To help technicians identify DIRECTV Ready clients from LG, Samsung, Sony and Toshiba, we have updated our search tools with information on the latest models. O&O field teams can access the FS TVInfo app through FSPortal, while HSP field teams can use the TVInfo search tool available on the DOCK (keyword "TV Info").

Reactions: madmadworld
Here is a video showing 4K DIRECTV working on a LG set.

What is funny is after I shot this video, I started answering questions about DIRECTV 4K as the guy who was manning the set had no clue what 4K even was. So I spent an hour there answer questions for DIRECTV. That was FUN for me. :D

I believe from the information I got... that the 2014 models are rvu only and not 4k... the 2015 models are 4k ready. However there is no 2015 line item in our system as of yet.

I use an RVU client with Directv...its slow...I hate it and at times the audio is out of sync, I'll probably end up getting a genie mini...

I use an RVU client with Directv...its slow...I hate it and at times the audio is out of sync, I'll probably end up getting a genie mini...
I'd get an H series before a mini.

For anyone that was running out to get a 2015 LG set for the super bowl, with plans for a 4K future, some delays on the LG app side appear to have DirecTV holding off on activating these TVs as a client right now. (From a tech bulletin):

Due to unforeseen circumstances, DIRECTV is suspending installations of LG DIRECTV Ready clients until further notice. All other DIRECTV Ready models and manufacturers remain unaffected.
An app must be downloaded from the LG App Store and installed on the LG DIRECTV Ready TV to enable DIRECTV Ready functionality. At this time, the app is not available, so we unfortunately cannot support those installations.
In cases where technicians encounter a customer-owned LG DIRECTV Ready TV, technicians should check to see if the App is available and if not, install a client at that location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.