DIRECTV 4K Service Down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JamesIslandJeff

Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Charleston
I am being told by DIRECTV that all 4K service is down due to a software glitch. I am receiving a message that it is not authorized in your area. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, any recorded 4k programming will not play either, same message.

:welcome to Satelliteguys JamesIslandJeff!

I haven't heard anything about this either.

Sounds like a CSR excuse to get you off the phone....

I am being told by DIRECTV that all 4K service is down due to a software glitch. I am receiving a message that it is not authorized in your area. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, any recorded 4k programming will not play either, same message.
Yes glitch in software I had tech out at my house and he said they have been running software updates every night and he said it should be good to go by Monday Burt said to keep looking until then I said I guess it will be a few days past Monday he laughed said that what the people told him that are working on it

4K is fine here. I am seeing Dolphins in the galapico's right now on 104.
You may have it in now but if you reboot your genie you may not be able to see it so beware I was getting it he fixed my C61k-700 and then it didnt work so I have to wait till at least Monday or maybe longer but hopefully before that

I purchased a new 4K TV 2 weeks ago. DirecTV came out, upgraded the DVR, it worked for about 4 hours, a software update came in and it has been down since!

I purchased a new 4K TV 2 weeks ago. DirecTV came out, upgraded the DVR, it worked for about 4 hours, a software update came in and it has been down since!
I'm assuming you have either the premiere or ultimate programming package, yes?

A software update for what? What release number, and what date shows on the release?

A software update for what? What release number, and what date shows on the release?
Software update for Mini Genie 61K-700 will be going on all weekend long and Software Update stays same the tech that was out here Saturday told me and he said keep checking 104-106 to see if they are working g yesterday they weren't working today they are back on

You may have it in now but if you reboot your genie you may not be able to see it so beware I was getting it he fixed my C61k-700 and then it didnt work so I have to wait till at least Monday or maybe longer but hopefully before that

I actually had to reboot that day because my genie froze up on me, and it was ok after reboot.

There's apparently been no update to cause this, I still think the OP is being fed a load of BS on this one...
Several people have now reported they have rebooted with no issues...

There's apparently been no update to cause this, I still think the OP is being fed a load of BS on this one...
Several people have now reported they have rebooted with no issues...

I will eat crow on this one.. I rebooted my C61K this afternoon and am now getting a location, not authorized message only on 4K content. Resending authorization has not corrected the issue... Uggh..

Last edited:
I'll eat crow also, but there's been no C61K update as far as I can tell. Maybe it's some sort of guide data issue??

No, you can't force an update on the clients.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)