DirecTV 4th Quarter Results - Revenue up 13%, added nearly 1M cust Last Year

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think a year from now, it wil have swapped and Dish will be ok, and Directv may be bleeding a bit. We'll see how D12 goes.

If we get ESPNU and BBCA in HD ONLY, then see premiums and PPV, I'll be pissed.

Where Swanni gets it wrong is is that most the 400 movie titles are not going to be up on the satellites.

Most of that 400 is going to be via Directv VOD , when we changed the name from ppv to Directv Cinema it was to include the VOD and broadcast of titles to the box.
So you wont see a whole sea of channels pop up but expect to see Directv private parititon on your HD to fill out now with on via satellite on demand hits and then the internet based on demand section.

I also heard that ppv might be moving to d12 so we can start adding new hd shortly.

I've got to respond to Swanni's FUD. Is he too stupid to realize that even if D* used D12 for only HD PPV that still wouldn't be enough for 400 new HD PPV channels? The D* guy said 400 TITLES not channels. D* already pushes a small amount of HD PPVs to the HD DVR via satellite so those movies are instant on demand.

According to the other site the Spaceway 1 satellite is almost completely empty since the locals that came from it went to other satellites. I suspect that these new 400 movies titles are going to come from Spaceway 1 via a push to your HD DVR or some other type of service.

I've got to respond to Swanni's FUD. Is he too stupid to realize that even if D* used D12 for only HD PPV that still wouldn't be enough for 400 new HD PPV channels? The D* guy said 400 TITLES not channels. D* already pushes a small amount of HD PPVs to the HD DVR via satellite so those movies are instant on demand.

According to the other site the Spaceway 1 satellite is almost completely empty since the locals that came from it went to other satellites. I suspect that these new 400 movies titles are going to come from Spaceway 1 via a push to your HD DVR or some other type of service.

You're right! Your post makes sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts