Directv 72.5 satellite hookup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know i'm still a little new to this but how would I force a download to the receiver? on the Hughes HBH-SA is this the right combination to configurine the unit.

1. click on menu.....
2. click on type of dish.....
3. click on Oval Dish 3 (which I have).....
4. then click on the configure menu.......

and then wait until it seaches for the switch and satellite I have?

I have done all the above if it is right and still no satellite showing up. when you mention to reboot you are referring to turning the power button off on the remote and wait a few seconds then turn it back on right? you mention about the advance switch if it ask. well the Hughes HBH-SA doesn't show that but my Hughes GAEBOA would show part of the time when I ran the configure test and part of the time if would ask me to do it manully. but this unit has never showed up nothing, I run the configure test it takes 15 to 20 mintues and then it will come on and show a box with bar saying something like updating the advance progran guide and then I reboot after that and I still just have access to the 101, 110, 119 satellite with no 72.5 I took the compass back out and recheck and it is in the right azmuth and elevation and I tried another LNB on the 18 inch dish it got me the same signal strenght. I had bought two 6x8 switches one for me and one for my mom so I used the second one (hers) and still no test channels showing on 495 & 496. so the switch muct be working for it is feeding the other 3 satellites theu it not the 72.5 if anyone can maybe go into alittle more detail what I need to do or what I am doing wrong. or if you have a Hughes HBH-SA and are using a second 18 inch dish and have this brand receiver then any info from anyone will sure be appreciate. thank

Unhook your coax from the 72.5 dish at the multiswitch and hook it to the coax that goes to your receiver .
go to your Tv and pull up an un-used transponder ,now it will look like you are on 101 but you will be able to tweak your 72.5 dish on this screen .
Once you have obtained the highest signal rate in this step you are confirming that 72.5 is set up.
Now go back to your multiswitch and re connect all cables to their proper connections and go back inside and do AUTO CONFIG,
Sometimes a reboot is in order and then you will see your 72.5 sat in the signal screen.

speedway said:
does the access card have to be activated before it will configure to show 72.5? for I didn't have it activated yet to see if I could pick up the satellite before I do because if I can't I think I will just get me the Directv D10 this unit works with 72.5 and if I were to get it I still will have to have the 6X8 multi switch to use with the D10 won't I? I hope I can get this one to work. thanks

Speed i just went back through these posts and read this !
You must be receiving programming on101 before you can get it to find 72.5

Sorry but i dont know how i missed this post.

Speedway do the download with the phase III dish hooked up first. Then after the receiver comes up and you can verify that you have the three satellites, go back to the 6x8 and hook up 72.5. Then back to the reciver into menu and go to the auto-configure and after that is done you should have all four birds. Then you can call and get the reciver activated. If the 72.5 is still not there my guess would be that you have the second dish on the wrong bird. The HBH may require an overnight download according to the paperwork that I have. It also shows the software being 6125.0.100 but then again my paperwork is dated 11/15/04

Promblem Solved " I Think at least for now "

I tried all of the above and then since I connected the receiver today I had it on all day long running the configure one time after another. so I thought maybe since the software version didn't match up with what it should be now I would just go ahead and turn off the receiver for a while and see if it would download the newer software version. and you were right Wobbie after it did the download then I ran the configuration and it showed up all 4 satellites the ... 72.5 , 101 , 110 , 119 so the software version that was on it at the beginning was 6093,0,1 and I also called Directv to see what the software version was for the Hiughes Unit HBH-SA and the rep. told me it was 6125 and that there had not been a newer version since november so again you were right wobbie. now all I need to do is call and get it activated. thanks to you ...wobbie.... Voomer and all that helped me out thru this ordeal. I always like to get on here and read all the post but now I finally needed help and got to experence it first hand that a lot of you all can be very helpful in the satellite installing. and I was on the right satellite at 72.5 at the beginning and I am getting a good reading of 93 to 100 signal reading. thanks to all of you again for all the help. glad to have this problem over with. that is if my locals come thru and they should now I see no reason that they shouldn't. so maybe if someone else is having a problem with the Hughes HBH-Sa receiver getting the 72.5 locals maybe this will be helpful to them. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU SATELLITE GUYS THAT HELPED ME OUT.

No problem Speedway, hopefully that took care of it, if not the only other thing that it could be is a bad chip in the IRD. Let us know what the end results are.

Things Turned out Great

Hey Guys,
I got my locals the receiver now works fine and after I let the unit download the newer software and when I ran the 6X8 multi-switch test it took great and now I have my locals and and total choice plus and I am happy as can be. thanks guys for all the help. I sure can recommend Satellite Guys with a big A+..it was that my first receiver was not compatable for locals on 72.5 satellite after I got the one compatable now everything works fine. thanks to you guys for giving me the right info........ THANKS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)