Status
Please reply by conversation.

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi All

About to switch to WOW Internet and Cable for Faster Internet, Family decided to go with a bundled, called Directv, and was told Contract End date was April 19th 2014, so if that is right, how much would our ETF be? WOW Internet and Cable stated they can buy out the contract, and all would be well... But I just wanna be sure on that part.

Thanks

P.S. We Ordered the bundle deal thru at&t (we got at&t directv)

Last edited:
Ok Thanks for the reply so quickly on this matter. Since keeping cell phone on at&t since contract not up yet on that, Oh ok...well that relaxes me some then, as i'm one that pays the bill, other family members wanted WOW for the faster internet, and got talked into a bundle lol

I just verified on the Directv site that it says "up to $20"....so I guess if you have like old SD equipment it may be less..

Are there any early cancellation fees?

Yes, if you choose to cancel your DIRECTV service before your commitment expires you will be charged a prorated fee of up to $20/month.

Directv Account Quesiton

Have the following equipment

Directv dish on the roof, hopefully don't need anything off that, since can't get up there to get anything, plus it's really snowy here...HR24 DVR, H24 Recievers (2) and 1 SD Receiver, Plus Remotes, Deca connection kit

they want the receivers/power cords back...remotes you can keep
I dont know about the deca kit....assume that is yours to keep
they dont need anything from the dish nor switches or anything like that

If my office we like to say "WOW, this cable sucks"

Keep your Directv and get just your Internet through wow.

I will 2nd this. I had Knology for internet/phone and they were bought out by WOW. First I thought it was a good thing because of their good Consumer Report rating. Now I can not understand how they get it.

I've been following the forums over at broadbandreports.com and WOW is awful.

For me, the first thing they did was drop usenet. I have had it since Dec 2000 with Knology. Then they started dropping channels. (I have D* so no loss there, but...).

I'd stay with D* for TV and just get WOW for internet & phone if you want. Otherwise, I'll bet you'll be saying, WOW what a mess soon! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts