DirecTV Activation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beachbumcaz

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Hi all,

I currently work in Michigan and live in Canada. My goal was to get a new receiver and card off Ebay shipped to Canada and then write all my information down.

When I go into work, I can activate the account using my US number. I already have SSN, US Credit Card and I can potentially put the address on file as my work address (what happens if someone else tries this address?). Once the account is setup I will go to paperless billing so I don't get any mailing sent to work.

Does this sound feasible? Is there an easier way to do this? Online perhaps?

Thanks . . .

You understand that this is ALL hypothetical and for "educational purposes" only as it WILL violate your TOS with D*.

You could self-install and then call D* to activate a new account. Be warned about ebay sales. Lease units cannot be re-sold to someone and activated, they have to be returned to D*. New units can be bought from ebay, just be sure you buy from a real D* reseller such as this fellow:
eBay My World - terryt8907

I don't believe D* will activate ANY new account with prior leased/used equipment unless it comes from them. The dealer I posted above sells new equipment.

Once setup, you can call D* and activate based on whatever address you provide (remember this is hypothetical). You can advise the rep that your billing address is different from the service address or you can change your billing address online at any time. You can also go paperless at anytime.

Remember this was all for educational purposes as it does violate the D* TOS.

It is an information service.....
I May take the Alec Baldwin route ....
If Hillary is elected,
and move to Canada..

....Just like he did !!!!!!!

Simply put, you can do that, and paperless billing will prevent almost all mail from coming to your workplace, but not necessarily 100%.

In the past year with paperless billing I've only received 1-2 things from DirecTV.

You can have a seperate mailing and service address, but clearly can't use a mailing address in Canada.

As for equipment, buy new, and install yourself, clearly they won't install for you.

You will have to do any maintenance yourself, and as you already know, you are operating outside the terms of service.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Does anyone know if you can change the mailing address to be different online in the "My Account" section?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)