"moving" question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gs5150

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Hello,

I'm a DirecTv subscriber living in FL. I use an 06611 zip code (southern CT) in order to receive NY locals and NY sports channels without having to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc. My current setup is the old HR10-250 w/3 LNB dish, however, I recently purchased the new HR21-700 HDDVR but have yet to set it up. Based on this I have two questions...
a) If I purchase the 5-LNB dish to go along with the new HR21-700, will I be able to install everything and still get my CT channel setup that I currently have (including NY locals)?
b) Will I be able to receive all the newest HD channels available, including FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC, and YES Network?

Any assistance in answering these questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Provided you know how to install a dish and are a little more patient in aiming the 5lnb you should be happy.

You will get YES. The national 4 networks are in mpeg4 on a spotbeam, and in mpeg2 on a national beam for distant network customers.

I'm not sure if they leave the national channels (in the 80s) available to local market customers or not, so that may be an issue if you are out of the spotbeam to receive them on the local station numbers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)