HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
New York City, NY:
CW-WPIX, MNT-WWOR

Seattle-Tacoma, WA:
MNT-KMYQ

Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN:
MNT-WFTC (CW-WUCW was originally reported but is not on the web site or guide)

San Diego, CA:
CW-KSWB

All launched in HD today. No word as to CW/MNT for the Distant feeds, but I wouldn't expect that anytime soon.

Last edited:
It appears that we have had the CW(KBCW) in SF for awhile available in HD. As for MNT I don't know what that is.

I know this is a longshot, but I'd like DirecTV to add WPIX as DNS for us poor folks without any locals.

Agreed! I called this morning and one CSR told me it wasn't possible to get the CWHD from NYC. I called back during lunch and she said that it was possible if it was offered and NYC currently had no CW in HD. I informed her that they launched it this morning and she said that she needed to verify it with someone and if it's true (how could they not know??) then she would email me letting me know they've switched me over.

Still waiting for that email, which I don't think I'll get.

Agreed! I called this morning and one CSR told me it wasn't possible to get the CWHD from NYC. I called back during lunch and she said that it was possible if it was offered and NYC currently had no CW in HD. I informed her that they launched it this morning and she said that she needed to verify it with someone and if it's true (how could they not know??) then she would email me letting me know they've switched me over.

Still waiting for that email, which I don't think I'll get.
The DNS aren't the same as NY locals. As of now there is no CW HD DNS station. Only DNS HD's are out of LA ,and NY at this time are ABC NBC CBS and FOX. and NY is still MPEG 2, Even though the DNS happend to be New York, they are on Different Satellites and NY's Locals aren't availble to anyone except customers in the NY DMA ONLY.

CW in DNS Line Up

If anyone else hears anything else from a CSR, let the rest of us know! This CW in HD for the DNS Package has been a bone with me for three years! The Standard DNS package does have The CW, why DTV has no brains on this one is beside me.

They are those of us who really want to see the current season of Smallville in HD!!!!!!

Come on DTV, Gives us The CW in HD to the DNS Package!!!!!!!!

Adding it to the other Local HD Packages would be Great Too!!!

I'm kinda shocked they added CW for Mpls. My Net is owned by Fox but CW is owned by SINclair
Well, stop being shocked: I can tell you right now it's still 480i/p on my HR20/21's. No CW HD here in Minnesota today. Even DirecTV's site doesn't list it as available (just enter any zip in the DMA...say, mine: 56253). Where's this list that says it is coming from??

Last edited:
Well, stop being shocked: I can tell you right now it's till 480i/p on my HR20/21's. No CW HD here in Minnesota today. Even DirecTV's site doesn't list it as available (just enter any zip in the DMA...say, mine: 56253). Where's this list that says it is coming from??

You may be right, it is not on the web site, if it's not in your guide than the info may have been wrong. The MNT station for MN is up there on the web site though.

The DNS aren't the same as NY locals. As of now there is no CW HD DNS station. Only DNS HD's are out of LA ,and NY at this time are ABC NBC CBS and FOX. and NY is still MPEG 2, Even though the DNS happend to be New York, they are on Different Satellites and NY's Locals aren't availble to anyone except customers in the NY DMA ONLY.

I'm fully aware. Just trying to see if I can get a CSR to switch on CW HD for me.

Agreed, here in Seattle, the Mariners sometimes play their games on CW/MNT....so this will be a nice thing. ;)

I don't recall seeing any on MNT. Several last season were on KSTW (CW) but they weren't in HD OTA. I heard that this season all M's games which are only carried locally will be on FSN (651-1 HD).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)