DirecTV adds El Rey and Sprout in HD and readds Newsmax in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
Today, DirecTV added the HD feeds of El Rey Network and Sprout (soon to be rebranded to Universal Kids this fall) and readded Newsmax to the lineup after a dispute between Newsmax and AT&T resulted in the channel's removal last year.

the Newsmax channel is on channel 349, where it was previously located before last year's removal. and it will be only in SD, like it was pre-removal.

El Rey HD is on channel 341 and Sprout on channel 295

while i don't care much about the addition of the Sprout HD feed or the return of Newsmax, but seeing El Rey HD getting added to DirecTV made my day as now i can see Lucha Underground in HD now starting Wednesday.

Reactions: ejb1980
I see the El Rey logo and both channel's on demand + didn't make it to the guide/banner. The guide is a mess with these little errors.

I got Sprout in HD but I only get ELRey in HD. I think it might be because DTV still hasn't verified that ELRey is part of the XTRa package yet. Resetting and refreshing the box.

I'd rather watch Newsmax on the free Roku app or on KlowdTV on Roku thanks. Couldn't care less about DirecTV carrying it. Same goes for One America News Network. I use my DirecTV for some other channels.

Just in time for the Godzilla marathon....
th

I honestly do not know what El Rey is supposed to be. Goofy rerun channel? Hispanic channel, except in (mostly) English? Teenage boy's channel? I do not know who would be the target audience.

OAN and Newsmax. Well, I mostly agree with their politics, but they just do not have the $$ to fully cover the news of the day, so it is just a random collection of whatever they have videos of.

I honestly do not know what El Rey is supposed to be. Goofy rerun channel? Hispanic channel, except in (mostly) English? Teenage boy's channel? I do not know who would be the target audience.

OAN and Newsmax. Well, I mostly agree with their politics, but they just do not have the $$ to fully cover the news of the day, so it is just a random collection of whatever they have videos of.
Actually OANN plays news all day. But you're right about Newsmax though. But they still have good documentaries, though. Quick tip, if any of you use the Newsmax app on Roku, another device, or online directly, you wouldn't be able to watch the documentaries on-demand. The Roku has a limited amount of Newsmax on-demand on the Roku app. I believe the rest of devices and directly online only broadcast live content. I'm not trying to sound like a commercial but if you want to see the documentaries (as well as see the channel in HD) and miss them live, and you don't mind paying $7.99 a month, then you probably want to subscribe to KlowdTV, for you can watch programs from a couple weeks back (I believe two weeks). But like I said, I'm not trying to sound like a commercial and if you don't want to fork over $7.99 a month, then don't do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts