DirecTV adds HD locals to Tucson

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjc4925

Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
New HD Locals

Iam hearing from other forums and Directv website, that Tucson has added HD locals, but they do not show up like the other HD channels have. Do I need to do something to my system??? I tried re-setup but that didn't work. Thanks

dumb question....which dish and receiver are you using? if you haven't upgraded to mpeg4, you won't get your locals in hd (when available).

DIRECTV Delivers Local HD Programming To Customers in Tucson, Ariz.
Local HD Programming from DIRECTV is Now Available in 68 U.S. Cities

WHAT: DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is now offering local HD programming to customers in the Tucson, Ariz. designated market area. The following broadcast networks are available in HD: KGUN/ABC, KOLD/CBS, KMSB/FOX and KVOA/NBC. DIRECTV hopes to add additional stations as they become available. With the addition of Tucson, DIRECTV now offers local HD broadcast channels in 68 cities, representing more than 72.6 percent of U.S. TV households.

DIRECTV's roll out of local HD channels in Tucson is part of a nationwide expansion of HD programming that includes plans to offer up to 100 national HD channels by year end.

WHEN: Beginning today, Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2007.

HOW: To receive DIRECTV's local HD programming, customers must have an H20 or H21 HD receiver or an HR20 or HR21 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR and a Ka/Ku band dish. DIRECTV is offering new customers a $100 mail-in rebate on all DIRECTV HD and HD DVR receivers or an instant $100 rebate for customers who lease the equipment online at DIRECTV.com. Customers can also learn more about DIRECTV's advanced products by calling 1-800-DIRECTV.

Naomi Rodriguez
nkrodriguez@directv.com
310-964-4821

Not sure I believe it yet, but you can guess what the first thing I will be doing when I get home tonight..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)