DirecTV adds HD OnDemand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Springfield, MA
DIRECTV Adds HD Movie to On Demand

"DIRECTV Adds HD Movie to On Demand
The service allows subscribers to order films over high-speed Internet lines.
By Swanni
Washington, D.C. (December 24, 2007) -- DIRECTV has added the High-Definition version of Evan Almighty to its Broadband-enabled Video on Demand service.

The service, which offers roughly 2,000 shows and movies from networks such as Discovery and CNN, is being tested in select homes that have DIRECTV HD DVRs."

It costs $$. Has a $ sign by the title in the category listing.

Hmm... with my DSL that should download in about 2 days! I just need to plan ahead! :p

Great... another reason for me to feel bad about not having a HD DVR.
Course.. I do have an Xbox 360, so unless this service offers much more content I suppose I won't be suffering that much.

It didn't take long for me on my 5 mg dsl. Although, it was only on dolby 2.0 not 5.1 audio. They must be testing HD onDemand my guess.

I still don't see any HD content as of Christmas night despite being properly networked/internet. I can see all VOD channels 1000+, but when I key in 1000 with remote and navigate to HD, nothing is there to select for download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)