Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV added HD Locals for the Omaha Nebraska market today:

CBS (3) KMTV
NBC (6) WOWT
ABC (7) KETV
CW (15) KXVO
FOX (42) KPTM

Nice to see CW being included in there, more hope for other markets to get theirs :)

I live in the Omaha area and get my HD OTA and to the best of my knowledge the CW station is not broadcasting anything in HD yet. I will have to check for sure but CW (15) KXVO out of Omaha is SD only unless something has recently changed or is about to. Granted, there is not much that I tune into there but if there was HD I would have noticed.

EDIT

From their web site there is now referance to brodcasting in HD. Here is a comment in the FAQ section stating they do have a digital signal.

Q. Is KXVO airing digital or HDTV programming?
A. KXVO currently broadcasts a digital signal, KXVO-DT.

THE KXVO CW15 OMAHA ENTERTAINMENT NEWS | Home

I see Digital in that, but thats not HD. We have all locals around here broadcasting in digital, but get only CBS/NBC and sometimes the low budget ABC, in HD, the others, FOX, CW, etc are all broadcast as a sub channel and can't be broadcast in HD.

Great! Still no HD channels for Mobile/Pensacola; just the 61st largest DMA!!!

Why do we keep getting skipped?!!!

Why dont you just "move" to Birmingham? I think that Huntsville and Mobile are slated to come on soon though.

Anyone know what sat AND transponder number the new omaha HD locals are on? I noticed some transponders are stronger than others.

The next time I tweak my dish on the roof I want the strongest signal so I can watch my local weather in the basement during tornado season.

42 Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA
59 Richmond-Petersburg, VA
67 Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA

Crapped on again. No love for Virginia at all.

I thought Virginia is for Lovers?

In all honesty i think it has something to do with D10 spot beam for the east coast. I'm sure after D11 is operational you will see Virginia come on line.

I have the HD DVR with the tuner, last years version. I have been getting the Omaha networks in HD over the air. As I've read, Omaha locals are not available in HD from D. Will the picture be any different over the satellite, I assume it won't be any better than OTA. Will the DVR automatically go to D's feed of the Omaha network HD or the OTA? Thank you.

I think you meant now avaialble instead of not.

The picture is very close to OTA. Some notice a slight difference, but DirecTVs new MPEG4 they are using is VERY good.

You may want to keep the OTA up for any subchannels that you get, and PBS.

Because there is only a bunch of Goofballs who live down there!!

Not so much as then the person behind your post! :p

But...

Now I see they added SD locals in Dothan, AL. They are 174 for DMA rank. Panama City, FL. is 152 and has NO locals (SD or HD). In fact, all the surrounding DMA for Panama City now have locals in SD (Tallahassee, Dothan, Mobile/Pensacola/FWB). None in HD, yet Mobile is 61, and no love for the Panama City area at all! :mad: :( :eek:

Not so much as then the person behind your post! :p

But...

Now I see they added SD locals in Dothan, AL. They are 174 for DMA rank. Panama City, FL. is 152 and has NO locals (SD or HD). In fact, all the surrounding DMA for Panama City now have locals in SD (Tallahassee, Dothan, Mobile/Pensacola/FWB). None in HD, yet Mobile is 61, and no love for the Panama City area at all! :mad: :( :eek:

In case you haven't figured it out, once they got passed the top 50 or so, DMA is irrelevant.

"Great! Still no HD channels for Mobile/Pensacola; just the 61st largest DMA!!!

Why do we keep getting skipped?!!!:

I think it has a lot to do with having an avliable spot beam and having TV stations all willing to sign a contract to allow the HD re transmission AND the amount of Sat subs per population.

Here in Nebraska there are a lot small towns near Omaha with little to no cable service so many do not use cable in the rural areas. Plus the Spot beam was not filled up for this part of the country. Plus all 5 stations signed contracts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts