Directv adds out of market WB to several markets without WB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If my WB is shared with my local ABC program which carry very little WB programming and the little it does is very late night. I guess I am not getting a national WB feed. Not too fair with me.

I am receving a PAX feed from Memphis now. However the logo is a WB. In Memphis,
we have a local PAX50. The Grizzlies were there last year, nothing good is on this channel now.

Here is the answer I received from my ABC/WB Network
From: Hart, Marshall [mhart@abc24.com] Sent: Tue 11/23/2004 12:14 PM
To: Al Smith
Cc: STOVALL, CRIS
Subject: RE: WB
Attachments:

View As Web Page
Every local affiliate station has an agreement with whatever network they are members of that states that the local affiliate has exclusive rights to distribute the network's signal in that particular area. Multiple distribution methods diminishes the value of the programming to the local affiliate, so that's why the local affiliate has exclusive rights for program distribution. It's not a question of freedom of choice, because the programs are owned by the network, so it is their decision as to determining the means of distribution.

Hey, DirecTV! How about providing WB to those of us that don't have a WB affiliate and don't yet have locals either. Our WB is cable only version. Will I have to wait for my DMA locals before I get an out-of-market WB?

They added a WB to the Toledo package too. Our WB is cable only as well. I am not sure what city it belongs to, but it is on channel 14. Now if they would only add the UPN.

How about the markets that does have a WB affiliate but for some reason is not being carried yet. Perhaps Dish Network should do this as well for those markets that does not have a WB or UPN, even the networks.

DirecTV appears to have added WB to the Tyler/Longview DMA. Our local WB affiliate does not have an OTA broadcast tower and has an exclusive arrangement with Cox Cable. DirecTV is calling the affiliate "WB" and it is listed as channel 14. Not sure what feed it is since I dont have DirecTV. :)

chaddux said:
DirecTV appears to have added WB to the Tyler/Longview DMA. Our local WB affiliate does not have an OTA broadcast tower and has an exclusive arrangement with Cox Cable. DirecTV is calling the affiliate "WB" and it is listed as channel 14. Not sure what feed it is since I dont have DirecTV. :)

It is WBZL WB-39 from Miami. Not sure why they are providing this channel instead of WB from Shreveport or Dallas, but I guess the out of market deal that DTV worked out with WB was for the Miami channel.

BTW, Wehco also carries WB on cable in Longview and Kilgore. It is operated by KETK.

gbranch said:
It is WBZL WB-39 from Miami. Not sure why they are providing this channel instead of WB from Shreveport or Dallas, but I guess the out of market deal that DTV worked out with WB was for the Miami channel.

BTW, Wehco also carries WB on cable in Longview and Kilgore. It is operated by KETK.

I meant exclusive in Cox markets. Cox doesn't provide cable in Longview or Kilgore. Basically, they dont have a tower so they have to whore themselves to the cable companies.

Why is it on 14 if it is channel 39?

i don't have locals until next week, but WB showed up on Boise locals on 14 also. WB is only available on CableONE and no OTA. I don't really care about it though... i guess it's another free channel.

I got WB also from Portland OR. I am in Medford oh 300 miles away, what gripes me is why didn't D* at least drop me an e-mail to let me know about the added channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Just moved. Redoing DTV Install

Anyone using a switch indoors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts