Directv AGAIN drops the ball on SV channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

moqz1001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
so what techno reason they giving for sv channels not bein available today ?

I wont buy any of them cause of the following

I live in the Dayton ohio DMA ... and ever since we got sd locals, and could not get access to our dayton ohio upn station .. they contracted with cincy channel 38 for it based on zip codes if we could get it.....

so they have had the ability for years to do it...

if directv would get off their butts and stop dropping and fumbling the ball and delying stuff for no good reason....

we would in the dayton DMA woul be getting channel 9 and 64 from cincy

SO when is directv gonna flip the switch for sv ?

So I guess all this means you know for a 100% fact that the FCC, NAB and affiliates (and any other outsiders) have signed off on this and everything is ready to go; such as transponder space, and DirecTV is purposely holding back? I mean dang, things happen and I really doubt they are just holding back to spite you.

Also, DBS companies have no choice what DMA your zip falls in or what channels are in that DMA. So no complaints on DirecTV for that.

moqz1001 said:
so what techno reason they giving for sv channels not bein available today ?

I wont buy any of them cause of the following

I live in the Dayton ohio DMA ... and ever since we got sd locals, and could not get access to our dayton ohio upn station .. they contracted with cincy channel 38 for it based on zip codes if we could get it.....

so they have had the ability for years to do it...

if directv would get off their butts and stop dropping and fumbling the ball and delying stuff for no good reason....

we would in the dayton DMA woul be getting channel 9 and 64 from cincy

SO when is directv gonna flip the switch for sv ?

It's attitudes like this why DirecTV doesn't give out much information about new services/products. Because they know they're going to get a strong backlash when things don't go according to schedule or plan. Let's just wait and see what's going on.

-JustBob

what part of i have been recieving an out of market local channel in the very next dma to mine in sd for over a year, that you dont understand ? since our upn is only exclusively on cable till their contract expires......

THAT means , they dont have to wait on new sats or new software or nothing, all they have to do is got off their lazy butts and program zipcodes in and allow them to recive them....

I work in technology, so I have learned the biggest thing is patients. Even if D* has all the neccesary legal stuff taken care of with the FCC and the ball is now only in their court, we can't put our faith in "the flipping of a switch". Technology, whether its computers, software, audio, video or satellite, is still very much in its infantsy. There is a lot that can go wrong because they are machines or a bunch of code made by stupid human beings that think they are God's gift of intelligents to the world. But God has a funny way of telling us we are not! :) It just seems like this culture is so engrossed in technology and the faith of the people who create it, that we become so disappointed when it fails, and can't understand why. I believe they call this generation of kids the "DIG" generation. "Digital Instant Gratification".

Just my opinion. ;)

I would assume that DIRECTV will have to block out exclusive material on the SV channels just like cable does. This would be a logistical nightmare to set up for the 1000 or so stations that they have to deal with.

I am in Kansas and we get a WB station out of Fort Lauderdale FL. Since we don't have a WB near by, they don't have to block out their programming. But they will have to block programming from the CBS and ABC stations will we get from Kansas City when we get SV.

bjs188, have you looked at the pdf of the list?? Guess what it shows for riley, pott, and geary county... WIBW, KSNT, and KTKA. Nice huh? All the ones we already get, without mention of KMBC and KCTV. You guys in Topeka actually get WDAF I think too, on Cox.

Also, Cox does not block KCTV, but they do KMBC. I knew there was a reason I really didn't like KTKA, now I remember....

bjs188 said:
I would assume that DIRECTV will have to block out exclusive material on the SV channels just like cable does. This would be a logistical nightmare to set up for the 1000 or so stations that they have to deal with.

I am in Kansas and we get a WB station out of Fort Lauderdale FL. Since we don't have a WB near by, they don't have to block out their programming. But they will have to block programming from the CBS and ABC stations will we get from Kansas City when we get SV.

moqz1001 said:
what is hoing on that directvs uplink facility in colorado is asleep at the wheel,

as i stated in another post, i in the dayton dma have been for over a year getting the cicy upn station because the dayton upn station is exclusively on cable now...

meaning sv has been able to be done by directv for over a year, and of corse directv was too lazy to program zip codes in and have it pre-ready, with of course possible changes,

do direct again is crapping on the customer... cause since i am able to get cincy up from out of market for 1 year plus, i know AT LEAST the people in the dayton dma should have sv now

WHAT part i gave been recieving an out of market dma channel fro over a year do you not understand? go to locals page on directv and enter zipcode 45404 and see channel 38 is upn.........

dont blame fcc, blame directv

sv is there, they just refuse to flip the switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)