Directv and ADT???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OTAHDFORME

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
Does Directv install/maintain security systems? I just got a call from a cell phone number from someone saying they were with Directv and inquiring as to whether my recent service was satisfactory.

Then he told me that he wanted me to know that Directv now provides new services and wanted to know if I would be interested. I had to ask him what kind of services, and he stumbled around and said, "ADT." Yes ... I know what ADT is ... but I wanted him to tell me ... so he did clarify that he was talking about security services.

I already have a monitored alarm system and told him that I was not interested. However, the call seemed really strange, and I can't find anything on the Directv site about their having anything to do with security systems. Do they have anything to do with Security Systems?

That was a weird call. I do no for sure but that does not sound legit.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was someone from the installation company that Directv had re-connect my system last week. The paperwork they left only shows the Directv name on it, so I don't know the name of the actual service provider.

I suppose it makes sense that an installer for Directv could also be providing other services not related to Directv. I just wish the guy had made it clear that he was NOT a representative of Directv.

Your second guess is quite possible, in fact it would sound like a good way to increase profits. Piggyback an alarm system sale on the D* installation.

Yes, D* has partnered with ADT to increase profits for both companies. It's part of the sales pitch we as techs are supposed to give the customers when we're trying to get them to sign up for the protection plan.

I'm amazed that anyone would want to do business with ADT. Most of their systems are monitored at an out of state location; they make you sign a 36 month agreement at a higher monthly rate; and most systems they install are proprietary so, either you do business with them or you buy a new system. They are definitely pro-consumer :rolleyes:

When Directv installed my system they noticed that I already had a security system in place.My security system's name is ADOG!.:D

well, considering the fact my security system tried to lick the installers, i'm surprised they didn't try to sell me a system. of course, i do live in an apartment complex!

We were notified this week that closing jobs must be done on site due to a new survey. We still dont close the jobs on site, but instead my partner closes the job and play the role of the customer. They in fact asked me if I owned my home, first time I said no and they said thank you and hung up. The second time was a yes and they wanted to tell me ALL about this great security system for my house and family, from ADT. I politely declined and moved on to the next job......:D

it could have been the HSP cause i know the one I work for has there finger in lots of things like satellite radio and something to do with sprint and lots of other things sooo it could hav ebeen that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts