Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Found this over at DBS Talk.

Thought maybe you guys would like to see and discuss.

EXCLUSIVE: HBO subscribers dwindling

All I can say is D* has never been known to have the largest HBO and Cinemax Line up.
But they always had the Highest price for it.:confused::confused:

Don't Get it.

Might as well just Charge $14.99 for HBO and Cinemax as one package. Thats about all their worth. Certainly not $24

I agree that it is overpriced.

All I can say about HBO is that Boardwalk Empire better live up to the hype and be as big as Sopranos was, or HBO is in trouble.

I can't help but think that putting the price back to $12 instead of $15 would help too.

Netflix is around $8.00 and has a pretty good online library..recent movies are mailed..adios HBO..Netflix also has HBO series availble too..some online

I can't help but think that putting the price back to $12 instead of $15 would help too.
I got a feeling thats not D* doing.

E* Charges $15.99 for HBO
Yes they offer more, But their other Premiums are only $13 just like D* other Premiums

But I can't help but Question where are the Missing HBO's and Cinemax channels?
That I blaim D* for.

You can't charge this Kind of Money, and have Missing Channels from the suite.

Same Goes for Cinemax since its Owned by HBO.

I keep HBO because my wife wants it, but a lot of friends and co-workers have dropped it, one co-worker dropped HBO, but kept Cinemax? that one confused me.

I think Cinemax is better for movies and its the Raw Uncut versions over HBO.

HBO does Edit movies as much as some of you may not be informed.

I subscribe to Premiere so I get HBO and Cinemax. It does disappointment not to have more in HD. I would think this a part of the effect. Other things are that series like Hung and Big probably don't draw like True Blood and Entourage.

Additionally they Starz seems to get more movies people prefer. Put as someone else said Boardwalk Empire best live up.

HBO sucks, way overpriced. I was considering the new ATV, but HBO on there is $3 for an SD episode, WTF??

Ill just watch their series a year later on Blu-ray with BB Online, for next to nothin. If ATV could get 99 cent rentals on EVERYTHING (Syfy, TNT, Discovery, etc... stuff), Id fire Directv too.

Hemi .
I am confused . What do you mean by you get less with Directv ? Am I not getting the same # of channels from HBO and Cinemax as I did with Dish ? I was under the impression they offered the same channels . Please explain as I may have to change my package .
Thanks

OK, inform me. Other than OAR format editing, what are some examples of HBO editing?
Well the "Hang over" is a good example.

It was on HBO first, and several parts were missing from the DVD version.
But the Cinemax Version was the same as the DVD.

This is the case with many movies, Its just hard to keep track of them all.

Cinemax is better for movies and its just like DVR'ing the DVD, where HBO, takes out some clips and trys cleaning it up a bit more then the Cinemax version of a Movie.

Why would Directv do this ? So another way to trim the meat ? So I am not getting what I had with Dish . So Directv charges the same and gives us less ? Now I am pissed . What a pathetic way to do business . So there is no way to compare apples to apples with Dish . This is just sad . I also found out AFTER getting installed that Directv does not offer the Superstation pack . If Dish can do it , so can Directv . But , Directv considers them locals only . How nice . I may dump out on my contract early , pay the fees , and move on .
Thank you Hemi . I had no idea . I appreciate the information :up

Thank you Hemi . I had no idea . I appreciate the information :up

Here is a Premium channel package list for BOTH.
Directv!$14.99

• HBO HD
  • HBO WEST HD
  • HBO TOO HD
  • HBO 2 WEST
  • HBO FAMILY
  • HBO FAMILY WEST
  • HBO ZONE HD
  • HBO SIGNATURE
  • HBO LATINO
Dish!$15.99
  • HBO HD
  • HBO WEST HD
  • HBO 2 HD
  • HBO 2 WEST
  • HBO SIGNATURE HD
  • HBO COMEDY HD
  • HBO ZONE HD
  • HBO FAMILY HD
  • HBO LATINO HD
CINEMAX

DIRECTV $12.99
  • CINEMAX HD
  • CINEMAX WEST HD
  • MOREMAX
Dish $13
  • CINEMAX HD
  • CINEMAX WEST HD
  • MORE MAX
  • 5 STAR MAX HD
  • ACTION MAX HD
Starz/Encore

Directv $12.99
  • STARZ HD
  • STARZ WEST HD
  • STARZ EDGE HD
  • STARZ IN BLACK HD
  • STARZ CINEMA HD
  • STARZ COMEDY HD
  • STARZ KIDS & FAMILY HD
  • ENCORE HD
  • ENCORE WEST
  • ACTION
  • DRAMA
  • LOVE
  • MYSTERY
  • WAM
  • WESTERN
DISH $13

• STARZ HD
  • STARZ WEST HD
  • STARZ EDGE HD
  • STARZ IN BLACK
  • STARZ CINEMA
  • STARZ COMEDY HD
  • STARZ KIDS & FAMILY HD
  • Encore SD and HD
Included in the Top 250 pack
  • ENCORE HD
  • ENCORE WEST
  • ACTION
  • DRAMA
  • LOVE
  • MYSTERY
  • WAM
  • WESTERN
SHOWTIME

Directv $12.99
  • SHOWTIME HD
  • SHOWTIME WEST HD
  • SHOW TOO HD
  • SHOW SHOWCASE HD
  • SHOW EXTREME HD
  • SHOWTIME BEYOND HD
  • SHOWTIME NEXT HD
  • SHOWTIME WOMAN HD
  • TMC HD
  • TMC WEST
  • TMC EXTRA HD
  • FLIX
  • SUNDANCE
Dish $13
  • SHOWTIME HD
  • SHOWTIME WEST HD
  • SHOW TOO HD
  • SHOW SHOWCASE HD
  • SHOW EXTREME
  • SHOWTIME BEYOND
  • TMC HD
  • TMC WEST
  • TMC EXTRA
  • TMC extra west
  • FLIX
  • SUNDANCE

Last edited:
And do you have any idea why Directv is not giving us HD premiums when it is available ? This just seems wrong to me . And thank you again .:)

And do you have any idea why Directv is not giving us HD premiums when it is available ? This just seems wrong to me . And thank you again .:)
That has been a question unanswered for over 5 years for HBO and Cinemax.

I can't imaging HBO wouldn't want all their channels supplied.

well If u look at the "schedule" the same programming eventually on all their channels..a DVR solves the need for all those channels

Wow ! 5 years and no answer ? I agree with you . If it is there for the taking , it should be offered . Maybe Directv gets a reduced price for not offering all of them and still charges about the same as Dish . Seems like they add more to their bottom line . I guess no one in the business can be trusted .

Well the "Hang over" is a good example.

It was on HBO first, and several parts were missing from the DVD version.
But the Cinemax Version was the same as the DVD.

This is the case with many movies, Its just hard to keep track of them all.

Cinemax is better for movies and its just like DVR'ing the DVD, where HBO, takes out some clips and trys cleaning it up a bit more then the Cinemax version of a Movie.

My son has pointed this out to me as well on some movies, he has an eye for those type of things.

I only have HBO for the Entourage and Hung season, now that it's over, I'm looking at my options.

Depending on that new Mafia/Prohibition series, Empire something, I might just cancel my movie package all together and sit tight for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts