Directv and Khq aggreement expires 12/31. SWX main sticking point to carriage agreement.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I really hope they get this sorted out. I just switched from dish to directv earlier today and I really don't want to lose this channel in a couple of weekes. Is there any way to get an alternative nbc channel from a different aread if they are unable to make a deal?

Just have to pull the ota HD feed instead. I will have to do the samething down here. Both the contract for KNDO/KNDU and KHQ went up at the same time. Directv is starting to seem more like Dish Network all the time.

News Press and Gazzett owns our local ABC affiliate, KVIA. NP&G and Directv had similar negotiation problems a few months back. A day or two before the contract expired NP&G and Directv were able to negotiate an agreement. As a result we got our local CW added to our lineup, the DC CW feed was dropped. KVIA programing was never interupted.

nope. If a station is dropped for retrans issues they cant import one in

Then there needs to be some federal legisaltion that requires the broadcasters to provide a decent signal to those people who live in the fringe area. I went though this with Dish a couple years ago and lost a Seattle station (CBS??). The problem is the OTA signal was unwatchable. As part of their license, the need to be required to provide an HD signal to everyone in the broadcast zone (or what ever it is called) or allow the satellte providers to import a signal. The funny part is where I live, if I subscribe to cable, I an get the national stations from both Seattle and Spokane but with satellte, it is Seattle only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts