DirecTV and NBC Both Flub Olympics Closing Ceremonies Coverage

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You knew it just had to be the Left Coast DNS feed that bit the dust. Awesome!

That being said, the Spice Girls were among the better features of the ceremonies. I still haven't figured out why the ceremonies started 10 minutes early (especially given that Bob Costas said they would start in a matter of minutes at the precise moment that the ceremonies commenced).

I'll hear no more of this OTA isn't important crap.

What I couldn't believe were the liberties NBC took with editing the ceremony. Completely cutting out musical acts, not showing The Who until after the local news... I understood their reasoning for tape delaying the athletics for prime time, but what they did to the closing ceremony was unforgivable.

I understood their reasoning for tape delaying the athletics for prime time,

They over did that. I actually don't understand why some of the most important competitions wasn't shown live, then repeated at night for those who did not see.

Yes, DirecTV had some sort of technical failure. I gather it was OK on the SD channel?

What I couldn't believe were the liberties NBC took with editing the ceremony. Completely cutting out musical acts, not showing The Who until after the local news...
In my market, KGW didn't complete the closing ceremonies until after the news and a half-hour Time Life infomercial. Guide-wise it was a whole different program.

I've been a big fan of The Who since 1967 and was watching the live Internet feed. Even with a 25MB connection it was glitchy. Then for all of the fans that wanted to watch it the next day it was impossible to find on the NBC web site and they kept pullling it off of YouTube.

Joe Giorgianni
TheWho.org

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)