DIRECTV and TiVo to Launch New HD DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A little slower?? Now You com'on! HR 2x's are the slowest channel surfer boxes on the planet.
Anyone who thinks a Tivo is slow, Better not set foot near a HR 2X DVRS.:(

Clearly you never experienced 3.x on the HR10-250. You could have lunch just waiting for confirmation after scheduling a recording from the Guide. With the HR20-700, I just push the Record button while viewing the Guide on the show I want to record. Done! Why does TiVo make it major thing? Because it wants to know how the recording I asked for pertains to Suggestions?

A little slower?? Now You com'on! HR 2x's are the slowest channel surfer boxes on the planet.
D* can't even perfect an SD DVR. I hope the R-22 is is way better then the same old R-16.
D* has the best looking STB's hands down. I'll Give D* that much.:)

Hemi, have you ever owned an HR10-250 prior to the HR20 being released? I had one prior to my HR20 and it was the slowest changing DVR that I have ever owned. Yes they improved it after the latest software that was sent to the HD Tivo but that does not make the HR20 the worse box in history.

D* can't even perfect an SD DVR. I hope the R-22 is is way better then the same old R-16.
D* has the best looking STB's hands down. I'll Give D* that much.:)

Yes they do.Trust me when I tell you the R22 is better.:)

The only functionality I wish it would have is DLB. Let's hope this new box has DLB.

The press release does imply that the TiVo UI could be ported to the HR2x units.

Which is how I read the release too, which makes for a smart business decision on both parts - D* still sells their hardware (also keeping their hardware engineering, service and support simpler) and adds the TiVo software UI as either a separate or add-on option. TiVo wins because they keep increasing their user base, and they add license fees. D* wins because they add additional subscriber fees and customer goodwill, as long as the TiVo software doesn't outstrip their own UI. I'm guessing this box will be the next generation of HR**, just with the TiVo UI, not a separate box completely. TiVo's new strategy has been to port the software as much as possible.

Better, the DLB is a TiVo software thing, I believe - I'm hoping, if they haven't added it by then, this will finally get it back.

Last edited:
I think the dlb is a hardware issue

I meant DLB is something that TiVo fights to keep as their own - generally, if it's TiVo, they like to have DLB in boxes that have their name on it. However, I thought TiVo's buffering system also was a software solution. Might be wrong though. Regardless, I'm hoping that since TiVo is a proponent of DLB, this box will have it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)