DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is Epix?
From the 2 months I had it with E*, its the same movies thats in the Starz/Encore Superpack, But a nice addtion if its added to the $5 HD Extra pack as long as the price stays the same.:)
But other then that waste of Bandwidth IMO.

So is Starz Indiplex and Retroplex. Anyone who subscribes to Starz Super pack, isn't missing a THING by not having these.
Go to the websites and just look at the line ups. Too Funny!

I've seen people say that Epix carries movies not seen on HBO, Starz, Show and Cinemax. Was Iron Man (paramount) shown on any premium before Epix?

I've seen people say that Epix carries movies not seen on HBO, Starz, Show and Cinemax. Was Iron Man (paramount) shown on any premium before Epix?

Epix1 and Epix 2 both carry mostly older movies. Ocasionally they throw in a current movie. Iron man, Indiana Jones(latest one), the Cove.
Epix 3 is standard definition=Ive seen nothing great from this one.

Some current concerts. Im not overally impressed with Epix.
I actually thought Voom movies and HDnet are better.

Sony Movie channel is fair at best. Some good stuff but tons of repeats.
The giant sony logo top left is very distracting.

Epix1 and Epix 2 both carry mostly older movies. Ocasionally they throw in a current movie. Iron man, Indiana Jones(latest one), the Cove.

Some current concerts. Im not overally impressed with Epix.
I actually thought Voom movies and HDnet are better.

Sony Movie channel is fair at best. Some good stuff but tons of repeats.
The giant sony logo top left is very distracting.
Whats on the Sony Movie channel? Like what kind of movies?

One would ask, if a Studio starts their own channel, why they would continue to give the movies to a competing channel like HBO, but who knows. If they add Epix and SMC to the Xtra pack, it def makes it a better value.

One would ask, if a Studio starts their own channel, why they would continue to give the movies to a competing channel like HBO, but who knows. If they add Epix and SMC to the Xtra pack, it def makes it a better value.
I think any channel added is a good thing, But one has to worry the price effect it will have on the current channels in the $4.99 HD Extra pack. I like HD Net Movies, and Smithsonian. But if they add EPix and SMC, how much and I going to fork over to still get the channels I was getting already?

IMO thats a Forced Price increase, and that something that E* is known for all the time. And I hate that!:mad:

Satracer has responded better value, so maybe they can add them without an increase, but I agree. I'm currently experimenting as a Premier sub, with the xtra pack, and recording HD movies I dont buy, that Id normally just rent. Gonna try it out for a few months.

I just hate supporting HBO, they are greedy bastards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)