DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry. My post were negative and they should not have been. This is actually good news for most HD subs.
I don't think he ment you.
Your aloud as a Directv customer to have your own opinion about what channels you like and don't like.

Unless we have a Directv vs Directv War zone somewhere.:)

I don't think he ment you.
Your aloud as a Directv customer to have your own opinion about what channels you like and don't like.

Unless we have a Directv vs Directv War zone somewhere.:)
But still. There is no reason for me to be negative about it anyway. Since there is little I want, then nothing they add will interest me. And, these channels are among many that others subs have been waiting for.

Agreed @ stonecold Cinemax is very much needed. I'm glad for WGN & Starz in Black nothing worse than watching that crappy SD feed. Since D12 has the capacity for 70-80 channels hopefully G4, AMC, FuSe, and E! will be added. EpiX doesn't have any movies on there but I won't be surprised if D* adds them later.

Decent start. Hopefully they will continue to add new channels. Kind of disappointed to see 25% of the new channels are more HD PPV when there are still lots of channels left to provide.

I'm still waiting for:
AMC HD
BBCA
Outdoor Channel HD
G4 HD
Cinemax HD
ActionMAX HD
MoreMAX HD
ThrillerMAX HD
@MAX HD
5StarMAX HD
OuterMAX HD

These would be cool too, but not as important to me:
HBO Signature HD
HBO Family HD
HBO Comedy HD
Starz Kids & Family HD
IFC HD
fuse HD
truTV HD

Will there be space left on D12 after this or will I need to wait for D13 before any hope of getting the channels above?

You and I think much alike.... but you forgot Investigation Discovery HD!

Not that I read every page on this, but are all these new HD's for free? :confused:

I would assume D* is paying a bunch more for all this.

Maybe some of them will be in that silly HD 2nd tier for $5.00

How greedy, you're not happy with over 100?
That is only for channels that D* does not have in SD and are not part of SHO, MAX, HBO, STARS.

But still. There is no reason for me to be negative about it anyway. Since there is little I want, then nothing they add will interest me. And, these channels are among many that others subs have been waiting for.

DK you were OK....Some of these channels do no good for some of us (me included. Not a movie fan)

"While DISH Network is very skilled at grossly inflating their HD numbers, you'd be hard pressed to find an actual list of comprehensive HD channels that match their recent claims. We invite consumers to go to DIRECTV.com/hdchannels to see a list of all of DIRECTV's more than 160 HD channels. We challenge DISH to publish a list of all their full-time HD channels so consumers can decide and count for themselves."

HA HA HA , This is the best, Lets see that List Charlie.

I challenge Dish to come up with a list too.

Cmon Hemi,

Ive got direc as well as dish. Im not blown away by what I see HD addition wise.
I like Travel HD but thats about it.

Missing AMCHD, I thought FearnetHD (Something different)
TMCHD Or what about BBCHD??

Some premiums added..Thats just ok. Would like to see them add more basic cable channels like above mentioned.
I do like Showtime Beyond. Wheres HBO Signature??

Im not as impressed as some are with this list. Its fair at best.
I was ready for something special added here...I dont see it.

Just my take..

As far as Dish saying 200 HD, of course they are fudging the numbers..Dont they all do that??

Last edited:
With the additions, these are the channels that Dish currently has that Direct does not have:

BBC HD
Centric HD
ActionMax HD
5StarMax HD
E! HD
EPIX HD
Fashion HD
G4 HD
HBO Sig HD
HBO Fam HD
HBO Com HD
HBO Lat HD
History Int HD
HLN HD
Indieplex HD
Logo HD
MAVTV HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Retroplex HD
Shorts HD
Sportsman HD
TruTV HD
TCM HD
WFN HD

I have not heard of many of these channels. The only ones that would interest me (even that would be slight) are the ones I bolded.

Fix it sorry
Good list, none the less

Also, your RSNs are not accurate. Direct currently carries CSN BA and CSN CA in HD as game only, just like Dish does. The difference is, when they launch the new HD channels next month, these channels will be going HD full-time. Technically, it is not a new channel.

Last edited:
Here is a list of channels that Direct will have or currently does have after the announced launched that Dish does not currently have

ESPNU HD
Fuel TV HD
GolTV HD
MLB HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz inBlack HD
Telefutura HD
101 HD
TMC Xtra HD
Univision HD
Smithsonian HD
Many RSNs

The only ones that interest me are the ones I bolded

Here is a list of channels that Direct will have or currently does have after the announced launched that Dish does not currently have

ESPNU HD
Fuel TV HD
GolTV HD
MLB HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz inBlack HD
Telefutura HD
101 HD
TMC Xtra HD
Univision HD
Smithsonian HD
Many RSNs

The only ones that interest me are the ones I bolded

Nice lists!

Standouts for me:
101HD
Smithsonian
Starz Cinema
Showtime Beyond
FsnHD

Nice to see new HD coming but no mention of FSC HD or FSC+ HD and instead we are getting Gol TV HD first which leaves me disappointed as the MLS season is in full swing and FSC shows the games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts