DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cmon Hemi,

Ive got direc as well as dish. Im not blown away by what I see HD addition wise.
I agree with you. For the amount of time customers had to wait, This list is pethedic at best.

But its a long awaited start, that does address some of D* weaker areas, Like Premium movie channels.
That in a sence makes me more hopefull that D* isn't just going to sit back this year.

This is a good start, it just comes under a bad note waiting forever to get channels we should have gotten 2 years ago.

I think thats why there is some disappointment.
D* has only Started playing catch up.

BUT just remember, when D* gets their real national HD count up, Whats E* going to do? They have No RSN's No out of market Football or Baseball.
2 big weak spots that will NEVER be filled.

Last edited:
Epix looks like a cool channel........it has newer movies from Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate

Not the best movie but it will be on the channel in 26 days GI Joe Rise Of Cobra

Not that I read every page on this, but are all these new HD's for free? :confused:

I would assume D* is paying a bunch more for all this.

Maybe some of them will be in that silly HD 2nd tier for $5.00

And all you guys bitching how some certain channel is missing:eek:

How greedy, you're not happy with over 100?
it will be free if you already get the SD version. people are complaining because E* is winning badly in HD content

Just had Epix go live on my dish system yesterday.

Picture looks great!

Some new movies buts lots of old stuff..

Jury is still out.
Retroplex,indiplex,Epix and Shorts
Sorry are at the bottom of my HD list.
I've not seen anything yet on there worth watching.
Only my opinion.
I've found more to watch on WFN HD.:)

They are good channels to boost the channel count. Thats about it.

Retroplex,indiplex,Epix and Shorts
Sorry are at the bottom of my HD list.
I've not seen anything yet on there worth watching.
Only my opinion.
I've found more to watch on WFN HD.:)

They are good channels to boost the channel count. Thats about it.

Nah,

Dont agree.
Lots of good movies on Retro and Indieplex.
Shorts some interesting stuff(just ok)

Epix, gotta give it time...

Hemi,
Im sure you felt this way about Voom?

Thats originally why I can back to dish..I had direc way back in the 90s..
Switched back and fourth.

Bottom line:
They both have great stuff to watch!
I just prefer Dishes hardware.
But i love direcs picture.

WFN?? Surely you jest??

Nah,

Dont agree.
Lots of good movies on Retro and Indieplex.
Shorts some interesting stuff(just ok)

Epix, gotta give it time...

Hemi,
Im sure you felt this way about Voom?

Thats originally why I can back to dish..I had direc way back in the 90s..
Switched back and fourth.

Bottom line:
They both have great stuff to watch!
I just prefer Dishes hardware.
But i love direcs picture.

WFN?? Surely you jest??
Voom had Great PQ, But what killed me with them is the limited content.
Indiplex,and Retroplex, don't play anthing I can alreadly watch on the Starz Encore pack.
If you don't subscribe to these then sure Indiplex, Retroplex are a nice feature .
But these are Starz nockoffs. They all have the same movie library

Look at Indiplex right now, Judy Belin, Black bars at the top bottom left and right,and in Black and white.
:(
Retroplex,
Fast times at ridgemont High.
Thats on Encore about 10 times a week.

Epix
Good PQ, But Yes We'll give that time.
Verizon Charging extra for this Channel, They must be on crack.

Shorts
Well Its Different, Subtitled right now, but atleast the HD is Good.

I would have felt better if it had been spelled out May 2010. If i recall i have heard these type promises before.

With the additions, these are the channels that Dish currently has that Direct does not have:

I have not heard of many of these channels. The only ones that would interest me (even that would be slight) are the ones I bolded.

I'm glad you posted this. The only channel on that list that I would watch at all is TCM HD, which I would very much like to have.

So I'm getting nearly every channel I want, plus all of them are in higher quality HD. And I have MLB:EI.

Not much reason to go back to E*, where I was for almost 10 years.

Perhaps I will rethink that offer to trade in my HR21 for HR24 with additional 2 year commitment.

These new channels will begin rolling out in May and will continue in the following few months bringing DIRECTV's total HD channel lineup to more than 160.

Among the 30 new HD channels that DIRECTV will begin launching next month are:

I would have felt better if it had been spelled out May 2010. If i recall i have heard these type promises before.

This part of the press release clearly states next month. So I don't think you have to worry about whether it's May 2010 or some other year.

"On July 13, 2007, satellite-television provider DirecTV published a press release that claimed it would add the HD versions of HBO 2 (West), HBO 2 (East), HBO Family (East), HBO Family (West), HBO Latino and HBO Signature in September 2007.[38] On April 20th 2010, DirecTV announced it will launch HBO2 (east) HD, and HBO Zone HD in May 2010[39]; but the rest of the claim has yet to be completely fulfilled. DirecTV also does not carry HBO Comedy[40]" - wikipedia

"On July 13, 2007, satellite-television provider DirecTV published a press release that claimed it would add the HD versions of HBO 2 (West), HBO 2 (East), HBO Family (East), HBO Family (West), HBO Latino and HBO Signature in September 2007.[38] On April 20th 2010, DirecTV announced it will launch HBO2 (east) HD, and HBO Zone HD in May 2010[39]; but the rest of the claim has yet to be completely fulfilled. DirecTV also does not carry HBO Comedy[40]" - wikipedia
Yep, we shouldn't get to excited just yet.
D* has seem to forgotten these HBO's.
The same could happen with this press release as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts