DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mmmmm, you mean like WGNAmerinca in HD....that would be DISH! But I get the idea.

For the record, I'm loving SHORTSHD.
The channel that Direct will be getting next month vs the full time CSN that shows many many many times more Cubs and ChiSox games in HD than WGN? :D

The channel that Direct will be getting next month vs the full time CSN that shows many many many times more Cubs and ChiSox games in HD than WGN? :D
oh and don't forget espnuHD. good luck seeing that on E* anytime soon ;)

Look at Indiplex right now, Judy Belin, Black bars at the top bottom left and right,and in Black and white.
:(
Retroplex,
Fast times at ridgemont High.
Thats on Encore about 10 times a week.

Epix
Good PQ, But Yes We'll give that time.
Verizon Charging extra for this Channel, They must be on crack.

Shorts
Well Its Different, Subtitled right now, but atleast the HD is Good.

Hemi,

You liking you direc equipment? Just curious?

Retro like all of them have some bad stuff on them.
Fast times...I love that! lol Reminds me of the old days. I grew up with that flick.

Epix: Im glad to have it. I like having unique stuff. Everyone has the same old channels.
Not sure id pay 10 bucks for it though..

Shorts: Its a nice addition.

im still missing AMCHD...That would be nice.

I will say that direc scored huge getting back MSGHD! Thats one of the main reasons i have direc. NHL, NFL, CI..Plus great tennis coverage for majors!!:up

Hemi,

You liking you direc equipment? Just curious?

Retro like all of them have some bad stuff on them.
Fast times...I love that! lol Reminds me of the old days. I grew up with that flick.

Epix: Im glad to have it. I like having unique stuff. Everyone has the same old channels.
Not sure id pay 10 bucks for it though..

Shorts: Its a nice addition.

im still missing AMCHD...That would be nice.

I will say that direc scored huge getting back MSGHD! Thats one of the main reasons i have direc. NHL, NFL, CI..Plus great tennis coverage for majors!!:up
Not nearly as much as my 722k.
But I'll have to get used to it.
622 still waiting for my return box, but is deactivated.

Glad to hear about GOLTV HD but where's FSC HD?!
Odd because they started broadcasting in HD before GOLTV I believe.

From what I've read elsewhere GolTV won't be in HD till the Summer so this will be part of the roll-out that will come later.

Channels I hope DirecTV adds are:
BBC America HD (Time Warner has added since I left in May 2009)
E! HD (Time Warner has since I left)
G4 HD (Time Warner has since I left)
MAVTV HD (Time Warner replaced HDNET with this, thats why I am with DirecTV, but I would like this channel)

I like the new movie channels their adding. I wonder about the cinema channel tho, will this mean DirecTV putting TNA PPVs in HD? I don't mind paying $5 extra for it like I do with WWE PPVs

Last edited:
Very Very disappointed in this list. Lots of sports and movie channels AGAIN. Just like D11. Guess it is time to look for alternatives after 16 years with DirecTV.

Waiting for RFD-HD & AMC HD before Mad Men starts this fall. Neighbor had DISH for 8 years and just went back to cable. Maybe I'll give them another try.

Very Very disappointed in this list. Lots of sports and movie channels AGAIN. Just like D11. Guess it is time to look for alternatives after 16 years with DirecTV.

Waiting for RFD-HD & AMC HD before Mad Men starts this fall. Neighbor had DISH for 8 years and just went back to cable. Maybe I'll give them another try.

You should give them a little more time because these things do take time, especially adding more HD, I bet that they will add AMC in HD soon prolly sometime this summer because they should have the capacity for it.

That is not all that is being added

You should give them a little more time because these things do take time, especially adding more HD, I bet that they will add AMC in HD soon prolly sometime this summer because they should have the capacity for it.

Yeah, I really cannot imagine them not adding AMC with the increased capacity. It is just a matter of when. I was hoping before the finale of Breaking Bad but no such luck. Perhaps before Mad Men starts.

Saw some of AMC HD on FIOS and it looks fantastic. But then again I'd only be watching it for two shows (BB and MM).

the other site has already mentioned that one of the test channels was AMC. so it's definitely coming :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts