DIRECTV Announces New HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wish BBC America HD, History International HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, and TCM HD had made the list, though :(

I'm glad for anyone that got a channel they wanted.........even though I will always love to have more HD (just to have it) I am(at this point) kinda disappointed in the listing.

I would love to have History Int and Military in HD. Not sure if Military is even offered in HD though.........nothing I can find on that one so I won't hold it against D*, but HI in HD should be one of them.

I'm glad for anyone that got a channel they wanted.........even though I will always love to have more HD (just to have it) I am(at this point) kinda disappointed in the listing.

I would love to have History Int and Military in HD. Not sure if Military is even offered in HD though.........nothing I can find on that one so I won't hold it against D*, but HI in HD should be one of them.

There's still hope we get some of the network channels still. They didn't list all 30 channels they'll be adding.

I'm not a sports fan and don't care much for the Cinema channels. But I do like seeing Travel=HD added.

Hopefully some of the other of the 30 will be network channels.

Plus thing is , The Starz and Showtime Packs will be about topped off.
Lets get D* to include the HD Extra pack with HD access.

And Please Directv , Stop trying to add more damn PPV.
Enough already.
The only reason why they add PPV is for their sports packages. IOW, they are actually sports package channels that turn to PPV when the sports package is not broadcasting anything. This is how they avoid having to turn off channels during sporting events (like they used to do with TNT)

Wish BBC America HD, History International HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, and TCM HD had made the list, though :(
still room for 40 more HD channels is what is being talked about, so there is still hope :)
Does the other company have History International HD?
I'd also like to see Nicktoons HD because there is a DBZ remake being aired on Nicktoons in HD, which only some cable cos have I believe

I am convinced at this rate even if D* added all channels in HD there will still complainers...I for one am happy with our current lineup...any more is just gravy

Not so much as complaining. We're just talking about what we want. None of them (D*, E* or cable) has all the channels I watch in HD. Whichever one I have, I'll be missing a couple of channels I would like in HD. Hopefully DirecTV is reading and see what everyone is asking for. That way, they could add the most requested first. And then go from there.

But you are right. I'm happy with what we have now. But I do want more :). I would say about 85% of what I watch is HD.

The "complaining" will stop when everything is in HD and SD is no more. Until then we'll keep asking for our favorite channels to be HD.

Not so much as complaining. We're just talking about what we want. None of them (D*, E* or cable) has all the channels I watch in HD. Whichever one I have, I'll be missing a couple of channels I would like in HD. Hopefully DirecTV is reading and see what everyone is asking for. That way, they could add the most requested first. And then go from there.

But you are right. I'm happy with what we have now. But I do want more :). I would say about 85% of what I watch is HD.

The "complaining" will stop when everything is in HD and SD is no more. Until then we'll keep asking for our favorite channels to be HD.

I would also say its not complaining. I have a couple of systems. If one had everything I wanted Id save a ton of money.

Right now for my general needs dish has me covered.
Sports its direc.
Uverse is bundled in with my other services

Still missing AMCHD..Would love direc to add Rainbow channels. IFCHD..Plus maybe have Voom programming surface somehow. I know the stations are dead...Just the programming...

I doubt that there will ever be a time when Everything is in HD, digital Yes, HD No.

just watch online, much better coverage than crappy G4.

Really glad to see ESPNU and WGN America coming at last

I hear ya... the only thing i watch that they actually do right are the "big 3" press conferences; commercial free. it takes forever for a gaming site to post them and most of the time they want to charge for a HD feed. the rest of the coverage can go to hell. its worth it to actually go yourself and see it in person, if you have the means. Actually got to sit in the Nintendo press conference the year when they debuted development for the Wii. awesome to say the least.

Basically what DirecTV needs to do is bring in every channel available in HD. Making a list is nice, but just go find a source that tells you what is available nationally in HD … and it should be carried by DirecTV.

They only have the space to carry so many. They would have to squeeze more channels on each transponder to add them all and they would be HD-lite

Basically what DirecTV needs to do is bring in every channel available in HD. Making a list is nice, but just go find a source that tells you what is available nationally in HD … and it should be carried by DirecTV.

They only have the space to carry so many. They would have to squeeze more channels on each transponder to add them all and they would be HD-lite

And we DEFINITELY don't want that ... :rolleyes:

Will these new HD channels also be broadcast in SD. (I have 1 HD DVR and 2 SD DVRs) Can't upgrade yet.

Good question... will they add HBO Zone SD... probably I would think.

Why do you think so? They already have Starz Comedy & K&F in HD ONLY, as well as Crime & Investigation, so why would it be far fetched to do the same for ANY of the new Premium multiplexes?
Also, I'm pretty sure that Hallmark Movie Channel will be another one in HD ONLY, probaby as part of the HD Xtra pkg.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts