DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't assume they will go live this Wednesday. We just assume this because they usually do launch on Wednesday's. It could go liver Thursday or Friday.

May 19th seems to be the day per SatRacer. Some of his comments today.

A few things. More Premiums are coming to DIRECTV in June in wave 1. You will likely see more in wave 2 as well.

Followed by

Wave 1 are the 30 channels that were announced last month. They have been broken up into two delivery dates. May 19th and in June. Those are not the only HD channels scheduled to launch in 2010 (of course things are always subject to change, etc)

Don't assume they will go live this Wednesday. We just assume this because they usually do launch on Wednesday's. It could go liver Thursday or Friday.

For the sanity of the site, hopefully they do launch on Wednesday :D

While I am looking foward to the HD launches, Getting Travel channel in HD will be great!

Man, I cant wait. When we get ESPNU I will be happy, and really cant think of any others that I will want (have to have).

Of course I will be pleased with every addition that we get, and happy for those that want them.

Yep Long awaited.

Should Launch about 30 right off the bat, for making people wait forever for it.:)

From what Satelliteracer said, that was the original plan, until they decided to attempt a fix for D10. That limited the new channels to those that would fit on D12 only. He said there is another batch coming in June, insinuating that D10 will be up and running by then.

Man, I cant wait. When we get ESPNU I will be happy, and really cant think of any others that I will want (have to have).

Of course I will be pleased with every addition that we get, and happy for those that want them.

ESPNU and Travel for me, for those that like travel you will love it in HD, had a taste of it when I was with Dish

ESPNU and Travel for me, for those that like travel you will love it in HD, had a taste of it when I was with Dish

Yeah, Travel is on my "second tier" of channels I would watch from time to time. Happy to get it as well.

Happy about the add's. Only one Im really missing now, that I record off, is BBCAHD Glad to have ESPNUHD before SEC football starts.

Yep Long awaited.
14 months between widely desired and popularly packaged CONUS HD offerings is not all that extraordinary for DIRECTV. Comedy Central HD was added on January 21, 2009 (I'm not counting BET HD because of their nearly complete absence of HD content).

14 months between widely desired and popularly packaged CONUS HD offerings is not all that extraordinary for DIRECTV. Comedy Central HD was added on January 21, 2009 (I'm not counting BET HD because of their nearly complete absence of HD content).

You posting foolishness isn't extraordinary either. How should Directv put up more channels than they have the bandwidth for? Maybe like Dish does by downrezzing? Directv does it the right way, even if it takes longer than you think it should. Since you are a Dish sub, many here think you are simply trolling. I'm one of them.

just turn lifetime hd on before the new season of army wives ends. sometime in june, provided the dtv 10 repair is completed.

You posting foolishness isn't extraordinary either.
It is fact that DIRECTV often has long intervals between CONUS HD adds. Take a look back at the D10 anticipation threads and the D11 disappointment threads. Prior to that, there wasn't exactly a plethora of new national HD adds.

It is also fact that Comedy Central HD was added on January 21, 2009.
How should Directv put up more channels than they have the bandwidth for?
It doesn't seem to matter to the DIRECTV marketing department whether they have the capacity or not. You may have noticed that upon the announcement of the upcoming 30 channels, DIRECTV was already speaking of their addition in the past tense. I also seem to recall a news item somewhere along the line about already having capacity for "approximately 200".
April 20th press release title said:
DIRECTV Continues To Deliver More Full Time HD Than Any Other Provider With The Addition Of Over 30 New HD Channels -Bringing DIRECTV's HD Lineup to More Than 160

If there is any foolishness to be found it is in dusputing with the facts or, in the case of DIRECTV marketing, ignoring (or anticipating) the facts.

I think that Harshness needs to make his way back to the Dish site. Its obvious that he just comes in here to try and bash a superior service to make him feel better for being drawn in by Charlie.

I think that Harshness needs to make his way back to the Dish site. Its obvious that he just comes in here to try and bash a superior service to make him feel better for being drawn in by Charlie.

Superior service is subjective.
E* has better receiver's and better pricing generally. D* has better marketing and a slightly better picture. I have had both!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts