DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv simply wont add any more channels until they think they'll lose customers or stand a chance to gain more by adding them. They obviously have the capacity.

We just got our spoonful, and they wont spend another dime on added programming unless there is a profit motive. I've come to the conclusion that the short term money is all they're interested in. Cut costs, increase revenues, and nobody cares what the customer thinks as long as the income increases.

After jumping from Dish, I realize now how little I watched most of the hd channels I had.
The most watched channel now is ESPNU hd. Showing last year college football games has really wet my appetite for this season.
Knowing also that I will be able to watch the early SEC game in hd and not in sd like I had with Dish.
Also watching the BTN a lot too. Show last years college football and basketball in hd. To get that channel without the Sports Pack is great!!

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.DISH STILL HAD THE LOCALS HERE IN SD.I'M LOOKING TO SEE THE GAMES IN HD THIS YEAR ON DIREC TV.ESPNU WAS BAD IN SD ON DISH.I TAKE THE SPORTS CHANNELS ANY DAY IN HD.

Well, it def looks offical now for AMC and Dish subs. I'm slightly annoyed, because BBCA and AMC are two Im using now, BBC a LOT. From my readings, these two are mentioned a lot, so I gotta think they are pretty high on the list of what subs want. I understand when a completely new channel comes out, it can take a awhile, but it's just BS that a channel thats BEEN in SD and you have a relationship with can't get up on it's HD version launch.

I mean they dont launch the HD version in ONE day, you knew it was coming well ahead of time.

Rather than expressing, here exclusively, my disappointment in the slow delivery of national-HD channels to its lineup, I'll be getting in touch with DirecTV to let them know I'm aware of what Dish Network offers; what my area cable providers have as well … which are not currently available by DirecTV.

I'll be letting DirecTV know that I want these channels. That I want them to be brought in within a year from now (say, by Aug. 31, 2011). And that I hope DirecTV delivers.

I think there's no excuse for the No. 1 mini-dish satellite provider to be seeing No. 2 Dish Network continue to be more expedient in delivering national HDs … and I'm not to suppose to know any better.

Right now DirecTV's national-HD lineup is insufficient. While I don't expect 100% of everything available, nationally, to also be on DirecTV's lineup, I do expect a business to be really smart in how it operates (especially when they get a good $100 from me in my monthly subscriptions).

I won't go on any further; and I don't want to turn anyone off thinking I'm sour; but I don't believe it's wise to pretend that this is okay … and that it should be tolerated for much longer.

Actually there are very few channels that I watch that are NOT HD, so for me the D* provided HD channels are doing pretty well.

Granted they haven't brought anything in a while, you would have thought they would have had more by now.

I'm sure your threat of leaving if they don't supply them within a year has them shaking .....

I'm sure your threat of leaving if they don't supply them within a year has them shaking .....

I'm not interested in having DirecTV "shaking." I've been with them since March 1998, and no one sticks around that long if they're routinely disappointed. But it has become frustrating to see the competition (specifically, Dish Network) delivering what DirecTV seems to ignore. So I will be informing DirecTV that, if they don't get on the ball within a year, I'll be going with a different provider.

I'm in the Detroit, Michigan market and have the following options: Comcast, WOW Internet • Cable • Phone, and AT&T U-Verse. (I may be forgetting one cable outlet.) And, of course, there is Dish Network. So I don't feel a need to be confrontational, but I am compelled to be direct … with DirecTV.

DirecTV makes more than $100 a month off of me with my subscription, the mirroring fees (all my TVs are HD), and my subscription to MLB. Around or more than $1,500 a year is above average. And with that level, I certainly have a right to express a complaint. (Any customer has the right to give feedback.)

Your quoted statement, Jimbo, was really foolish. (What motivated it?)

I'm not interested in having DirecTV "shaking." I've been with them since March 1998, and no one sticks around that long if they're routinely disappointed. But it has become frustrating to see the competition (specifically, Dish Network) delivering what DirecTV seems to ignore. So I will be informing DirecTV that, if they don't get on the ball within a year, I'll be going with a different provider.

I'm in the Detroit, Michigan market and have the following options: Comcast, WOW Internet • Cable • Phone, and AT&T U-Verse. (I may be forgetting one cable outlet.) And, of course, there is Dish Network. So I don't feel a need to be confrontational, but I am compelled to be direct … with DirecTV.

DirecTV makes more than $100 a month off of me with my subscription, the mirroring fees (all my TVs are HD), and my subscription to MLB. Around or more than $1,500 a year is above average. And with that level, I certainly have a right to express a complaint. (Any customer has the right to give feedback.)

Your quoted statement, Jimbo, was really foolish. (What motivated it?)

I spend a bit more than you do actually, it seems rediculous really to think that you (I) spend that much money on TV and I spend most of my time on the computer ....

I was just looking at the fact that you thought that D* was going to add something because you wanted it, is all.

If your DTV bill is $100 a month, DTV is NOT making that much on your deal. MLB takes their cut and all the other satellite stations also get their cut. As to what's left for DTV, I haven't a clue, but I'm going to guess is's some less than 1/2 of your monthly fee.

What stations that you're not getting in HD are deal breakers for you?

Go to Dish, enjoy the higher compression and loss of channels on a regular basis. You'll be the one guy on the side of the interstate driving towards the atomic blast, and we'll all be on the other side waving at you as you go by.

over at the other thread, satelliteracer is reporting new hd in approximately 6 weeks. says numbers depends on how many contracts can be signed. could be sooner.

Still weak. Piss Poor Planning on their part. BBCAHD and AMCHD are obviosuly well requested channels, as well as more Premiums in HD. They should have had all this worked out well before now, especially looking at when the sat went active. All we got for the Summer, was two we already knew about, + the earlier add's they told us about. Now, at the end of August, we get "maybe in 6 weeks". I like Directv, but that does not absolve them from criticism, and I think they are doing a pretty lousy job at adding feeds in HD, they already have in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts