DirecTV "Anywhere" Error #1100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
DirecTV "Anywhere" I am supposed to be able to watch the on demand programming anywhere in the USA on any high speed connection (DSL or faster?) on a Windows or Mac computer. If I install the DirecTV Player software. I did and have all those conditions covered.

1st...... don't ask me what kind of receiver I have. This will never have anything to do with a receiver.

12Mbs DSL connection
100MBs wired LAN router

AMD AThlon X2 2.7 Ghz CPU
2 GB crucial ddr400 RAM

Nvidia gt290 GPU

I can select a show using the DirecTV Player GUI .
It opens the viewer box and shows loading progress until it reaches 85% when it freezes.
After a minute or so a message appears in the viewer box...

Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error #1100.

This has done this for months.

I have tried reinstalling the player, different PCs, wifi at a coffee shop.

Any ideas?... absolutely no help on DirecTV's own forum:mad:

yes. I keep flash player up to date.

what is error 1100?

I forgot to mention I'm running XP still

I found this for Win7 computers

PART 1: Home Network
1. Click on the start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Click on Network and Internet
4. Click on Network and Sharing Center
5. View your active connections. If your internet connection says "Public Network" then you need to change this.
6. Click on the words "Public network".
7. Select your location by clicking on "Home network".

PART 2: Allow "ndspcshowserver.exe"
1. While still in Network and Sharing Center look at the bottom left hand side of your screen for Windows Firewall.
2. Click on the words "Windows Firewall".
3. On the Windows Firewall screen at the top left corner under control panel click on the words "Allow a program or feature through the Windows Firewall".
4. Scroll down the list of programs and make sure that "ndspcshowserver.exe" has a check mark next to it. Also, make sure a check mark is selected under Home/Work (Private) in the same row as "ndspcshowserver.exe". (This is the Direct TV Player).

Last edited:
From what I have read, it could be a firewall issue. Your post #5 seems similar to what I found on the Directv forums:

This appears to be associated with your firewall. If you are using Windows 7 then you will need to change your firewall settings on your network adapter to reflect "Home network" and Allow "ndspcshowserver.exe". After you make these changes you will be able to stream On Demand (online). I have posted the steps below.

However, if you are lazy and don't want to go through the hassle of using the below instructions then just re-install the Direct TV Player and make sure to Allow "ndspcshowserver.exe". This is the Direct TV Player that will need to be able to communicate with the Direct TV server. This method is the fastest way to configure the windows firewall. However, you can always do the same thing manually; see below.

PART 1: Home Network
1. Click on the start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Click on Network and Internet
4. Click on Network and Sharing Center
5. View your active connections. If your internet connection says "Public Network" then you need to change this.
6. Click on the words "Public network".
7. Select your location by clicking on "Home network".

PART 2: Allow "ndspcshowserver.exe"
1. While still in Network and Sharing Center look at the bottom left hand side of your screen for Windows Firewall.
2. Click on the words "Windows Firewall".
3. On the Windows Firewall screen at the top left corner under control panel click on the words "Allow a program or feature through the Windows Firewall".
4. Scroll down the list of programs and make sure that "ndspcshowserver.exe" has a check mark next to it. Also, make sure a check mark is selected under Home/Work (Private) in the same row as "ndspcshowserver.exe". (This is the Direct TV Player).

I'm using xp... thanks for trying...
We just dropped DirecTV service.

Their useless forum is one of the reasons why. Read this thread... This needs the beginning of the url to be a link but I didn't want to post a live link from another site.

//forums.directv.com/thread/11240564

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)