DIRECTV app available on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anyone wonder when they are going to add the rest of the channels and full DVR to the APP? However, if they did that would they charge $7 a month? Plus add it to Google TV?

Not all channels are available. Plus, you can record shows but only watch them on the server. I do like it having it in a bedroom and saving the monthly fee. I hope they add the rest of the channels later and add it to Google TV.
Are Most channels there ???

I notice it appears to need to be on a Streaming device, you can't apparently add it to a Smart TV unfortunately.

Does it have to be on your home network as well ?

Thinking it would be an option at the lake where I'm having LOS issues due to a tree I can't take down.

Are Most channels there ???

I notice it appears to need to be on a Streaming device, you can't apparently add it to a Smart TV unfortunately.

Does it have to be on your home network as well ?

Thinking it would be an option at the lake where I'm having LOS issues due to a tree I can't take down.
Most channels, yes.

Apple TV, Roku or Firestick for now, not a TV app..

Says it can be used out of home IIRC.

Reactions: Jimbo
What about picture/sound quality via the DirecTV app?

For example, my step father has Comcast, via the box the picture looked ******, via the Roku app-a lot better, now he just gets Comcast via the Roku.

Or ESPN, 720P on Sat/Cable, 1080P on the Watch ESPN app and YTTV.

By the way, Games on ESPN are filmed with 1080P Cameras ( some 4K) and the studio shows are filmed with 1080P/4K Cameras, then everything is down converted for airing.

Easier to down convert from 1080P to 720P then to 1080i, since no Traditional Providers over 1080P.

What about picture/sound quality via the DirecTV app?

For example, my step father has Comcast, via the box the picture looked ******, via the Roku app-a lot better, now he just gets Comcast via the Roku.

Or ESPN, 720P on Sat/Cable, 1080P on the Watch ESPN app and YTTV.

By the way, Games on ESPN are filmed with 1080P Cameras ( some 4K) and the studio shows are filmed with 1080P/4K Cameras, then everything is down converted for airing.

Easier to down convert from 1080P to 720P then to 1080i, since no Traditional Providers over 1080P.
I think the picture and sound quality are just like the DTV mini box. I am getting used to channel surfing a different way. A couple extra steps then just hitting back button. I wonder if they would charge $7 a month if they added the missing channels and full DVR recording and playback from the Genie Server?

I think the picture and sound quality are just like the DTV mini box. I am getting used to channel surfing a different way. A couple extra steps then just hitting back button. I wonder if they would charge $7 a month if they added the missing channels and full DVR recording and playback from the Genie Server?
They should not considering Comcast, Charter and OTT Services do not if you use the app as a secondary bo:mad:s).

Comcast does not charge a DVR fee ( that is what my step-father says) if you only use the app ( no box at all, just the app), Charter does for their Cloud DVR.

The DVR fee should already be included since you pay for it as part of your main box.

They should not considering Comcast, Charter and OTT Services do not if you use the app as a secondary bo:mad:s).

Comcast does not charge a DVR fee ( that is what my step-father says) if you only use the app ( no box at all, just the app), Charter does for their Cloud DVR.

The DVR fee should already be included since you pay for it as part of your main box.
I don't think they would charge another DVR fee just to have full use of it on the APP. Right now, you can just record on the APP and only playback from the APP if the show is On Demand. Playback of the recording would be on the Genie Server.