Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I am getting mailings from AT&T which seem to suggest I can do the following if I add DirecTV service:

1. Get the Select package for $50 per month (presumably plus taxes), which includes a Genie and a Genie Mini.
2. Have a 24 month price lock.
3. Get an "unlimited" data plan for our phones. (throttled after 22GB)
4. Save an additional $10 per month on my wireless bill.
5. Get a $200 Visa pre-paid debit card.

My questions:

1. Can I actually combine all of these deals?
2. I also have a FAN on my wireless account. Would that still apply?

Thanks!

I kept my FAN on my account, the only one I'm unsure of is bundling the $200 gift card. Where is this deal? If I remember right this was an offer at one time (minus the FAN)

It isn't that some of the deals are bad, it's more of what is right for you. Here's a few questions to ask yourself;
Does the Select pacakge have channels you definitely want and are they in it? If not in it, how much to get a higher package?

Is the equipment/number of tuners suitable for you?

What is the cost after the promo deal is over, and are you willing to change again to another TV provider if you are not saving or don't like the equipment etc.

You don't seem sure that you fully understand what they are offering. If you don't want surprises I would look online or ask for something in writing that you can look over first.
In my opinion 22GB is a decent amount prior to slowing down the speed unless you are a family of four who use alot of data, but it may still be better than what you now have. Also my opinion AT&T is a very good cell service overall and you already have it.

As an example someone here was about to take a Directv deal with Uverse internet. Sounded good till it was discovered the internet speed was not what they said because where they live it can't go that high. He would have been stuck with 12MBPS for two years.
If everything checks out and you are saving big money for a TV package you want there may be no reason not to do it other than needing to change TV providers.

I have At&t and have received very similar promotions, since I'm not switching from DISH I didn't pay close attention but the $200 gift card may be something new I don't remember that with the other discounts but I do think there was something else - maybe free premiums for a year or something instead.

It's a good deal for me... I actually signed back up with Directv because of the offer.

I do the basic package, will up to entertainment or choice for football season, then back down. I have 4 users on my account plus a LTE wearable. the fourth smartphone is credited back each month ($40).
I kept my FAN discount on wireless
On directv I currently have 12 months of $30 credits and a permanent $10 credit for combined billing etc.

We have gone over 22gb a few times now on different devices, really never saw any throttling as I assume we weren't in a congested area. Also got the free roaming in North American for Talk/Text/Data which was great for me cause I travel to Canada often.

As stated, it's really whats right for you, I'm sure you can swing the other rebate you mentioned. I know I can still get referral credits.

I just did this as well. I already had UVerse INet but I added DTV and ATT Wireless. Picked the XTra package which included 4 room setup and price lock for 2 yrs at $70. Received the $200 gift card as well.

Also, the 22gb throttling limit is per line so you'd have to use a LOT of data to hit it. And they only throttle during high congestion periods so it's quite possible you'll never get throttled even if you exceed 22gb.

I am currently on a 5GB plan with rollover data for my wife and me. We are constantly monitoring our data to make sure we don't go over. We do not stream anything over cellular. It would be nice to not have to worry about that. I can get a mi-fi from work if I think I might need to tether while traveling, but I rarely use the function.

Select would be plenty for us. All we have is OTA and streaming now. We really do not need both Tivo Minis we have now. I would drop my $15/month Tivo and $12/month Hulu subscriptions.

According to ATT if you go with unlimited data, you loose your ability to tether, if that is important to you.
yeah, you can't tether from a phone or tablet, but mobile hotspots qualify for the unlimited data. No the MiFi's, but the mobley and car hotspots. You could get a Mobley and wire it up to a normal power supply.

yeah, you can't tether from a phone or tablet, but mobile hotspots qualify for the unlimited data. No the MiFi's, but the mobley and car hotspots. You could get a Mobley and wire it up to a normal power supply.

Yep i can help you build one or can build one for the zte. It takes a special relay and two power supplys to switch between the two to fake out the 2 hour power save built into the mobley.

The unlimited data may or may not be a good deal, depending on how much data you use. We were already with AT&T for cell phone service - 4 lines sharing 15GB data. I also had already combined the wireless and DIRECTV bills for the $10/month discount. Then they announced the unlimited data. I decided I was going to drop satellite radio in the car and start streaming Slacker instead (much less expensive for Slacker service and less repetitive than XM). I switched to unlimited data because I thought it would be needed with all the music streaming. After being on unlimited data for about 3 months I reviewed my data usage, and to my surprise it was nowhere near what I thought it would be - in fact, our previous data plan of 15GB shared between the 4 lines was more than enough data. I switched back to the 15GB shared because it was something like $15 or $20 per month less than the unlimited data. Even with all the music streaming we never use all of the 15GB/month. The data that isn't used rolls over, so if we did go over 15GB for some reason one month that extra rollover data is there. I didn't see the point in paying the extra money per month for unlimited when it's not necessary for us.

I am getting mailings from AT&T which seem to suggest I can do the following if I add DirecTV service:

1. Get the Select package for $50 per month (presumably plus taxes), which includes a Genie and a Genie Mini.
2. Have a 24 month price lock.
3. Get an "unlimited" data plan for our phones. (throttled after 22GB)
4. Save an additional $10 per month on my wireless bill.
5. Get a $200 Visa pre-paid debit card.

My questions:

1. Can I actually combine all of these deals?
2. I also have a FAN on my wireless account. Would that still apply?

Thanks!

I bundled everything and I still have my fan account discount still.

I have a question that I hope is directly related to this thread.
I already have Directv and AT&T wireless. I'm about to add home wireless telephone to this.
I've tried searching here and on both those websites, but can't seem to figure out how to bundle the tv and wireless. While on phone with cell provider, the rep said things weren't "finalized" and he had no idea. I won't be adding internet thru Uverse as iirc I'm a ways away from the telco if Uverse is actually dsl. I use the internet to stream movies, youtube, etc. and I don't think it would be quick enough.
Can someone help with this? Can a customer already receiving both tv and wireless get them to bundle and maybe save a few $$. Does adding home wireless help in that regard?
Thanks,
Bob

I have a question that I hope is directly related to this thread.
I already have Directv and AT&T wireless. I'm about to add home wireless telephone to this.
I've tried searching here and on both those websites, but can't seem to figure out how to bundle the tv and wireless. While on phone with cell provider, the rep said things weren't "finalized" and he had no idea. I won't be adding internet thru Uverse as iirc I'm a ways away from the telco if Uverse is actually dsl. I use the internet to stream movies, youtube, etc. and I don't think it would be quick enough.
Can someone help with this? Can a customer already receiving both tv and wireless get them to bundle and maybe save a few $$. Does adding home wireless help in that regard?
Thanks,
Bob
Yes you can ... I would call the main ATT number and talk to them. (not sure what dept it would be though)
You'll only need D* and 1 att item, so that shouldn't be a problem.
You say you have ATT wireless, if your talking about Cell you should be good.

Try this number.
800-288-2020

Well, I pulled the trigger on the deal. I did not qualify for the $200 gift card for some reason they could not adequately explain. Something about being a DirecTV customer before, but it has been over 4 years, so I wouldn't have thought that would apply. Anyway, my new bill for Select + two wireless lines with unlimited data will be ~$200/month. I've already been using the DirecTV anywhere app to stream live TV, even though my install doesn't happen until Friday, so that is pretty cool. Now we just need to finish watching all of the recorded shows on our Tivo, so I can cancel that and Hulu.

I've got the installer coming to the beach house tomorrow to, sick of Comcast and their price hikes and still puling channels off of basic. Well the main reason is no Yankee games. Suck it Comcast. Although I still need them for internet I can do without them for cable service. The bundle and DTV 2 year savings are more than worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts