Directv base package 9.99???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokerguru

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
Does anyone know what this base package (9.99) consist of? I see it under their International services, yet there is no mention of what it is. I understand if you wanted an international channel, such as Hype TV you'd have to subscribe to this basic $9.99 programming + the cost of Hype TV.

If a base package exsist, is it an option for those who only want Sunday Ticket?

Customers who want to subscribe to Hype TV must first subscribe to the "DIRECTV® BASIC (US$9.99/mo)" or DIRECTV® PREFERRED CHOICET (US$29.99/mo) international base packages, or to any TOTAL CHOICE® (US$41.99/mo or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS® (US$29.99/mo or above) base package.

Basic comes with religious, shopping, music and locals (Where available). It is only available if you have at least 1 int'l pkg.

The $29.99 Spanish package is currently the cheapest package for minimum qualifying packages but it is going up March 1st. Directv is coming out with a Family Pak for I believe $34.99.

I was in the same boat and only had Sunday Ticket after dropping the rest of the programming for a few years. I was told by a CSR recently that what a lot of people do now that want only the Sunday Ticket is to get the cheapest base package and after the NFL season is over, suspend their account until the season starts up again. That avoids having to pay the base packaging during the off months.

Sounds like DirecTv does not want you to have Dish or cable as the main provider and just them for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you want NFL they want you to take their base packages too. All or none.

Stargazer said:
Sounds like DirecTv does not want you to have Dish or cable as the main provider and just them for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you want NFL they want you to take their base packages too. All or none.

How much would a D* subscriber have to buy from E*, to qualify to get the Voom channels? Could one buy just Voom from E*?

lou_do said:
How much would a D* subscriber have to buy from E*, to qualify to get the Voom channels? Could one buy just Voom from E*?

You, can but not under the lees promotion, you have to buy a VIP211 or 622DVR and pay full msrp of $399 or $699 (I think this is the price) and then sub to DishHD Basic at $29.99/mo. This gives you all 15 Voom-hd, the other 7 HD basic channels plus Food-HD and HGTV-HD coming soon and possibly others. I am not sure if it is required to pay the $6/mo access fee or not, someone posted a couple weeks back that he was getting this package and not being charged the additional $6/mo access fee. If you want cheaper fee upfront and lease your E* equipment then you have to get at least DishHD Bronze at $49.99/mo, this includes AT60 and HD Basics including Voom.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)