Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
H20 - Mpg4 - question

I was in my local Best Buy store yesterday and noticed that they have the new H20 for $199 with a $200 rebate. Is it worth me buying this receiver now since my DMA (Indianapolis) is on schedule to be upgraded to lil HD sometime in the coming months? I know that the MPEG4 won't make any difference until they turn up that part of the service.

Just wondering if this would be a good buy or if I should wait for their potential upgrade?

Any advice would be great.

Last edited:
You need to get the H20 and get it today!!!!!
there is no upgrade planned over the H20, short of the new HD DVR.

I have a HTL-HD and use ota should I up grade to H20? And if yes, can I get Direct to send me the unit with a 5 LNB unit?

ctwestie said:
I have a HTL-HD and use ota should I up grade to H20? And if yes, can I get Direct to send me the unit with a 5 LNB unit?
You can call D* and find out what kind of deal they can give you and/or contact Robert at www.valueelectronics. If you want to own the equipment you have to purchase it before the end of the month.

ctwestie said:

Be prepared to loose some nice features you currently have with the HTL-HD, when you switch over to the H20. The H20 is a good unit, but lacks a lot of the bells & whistles of the HTL-HD.
1. No lighted remote.
2. No OTA analog locals.
3. You can't control a VCR from the receiver, like you can with the HTL-HD.
4. The ability to look at the receiver and see what channel you are on.
5. The ability to shut your TV off, while on XM radio, and see what song is playing, in the receiver window.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I think I will wait for a lighter dish and next generation on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)