Old H20 from bedroom, to motor home ???? HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

supermod38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
central, ny
:help: OK here is what i have. Genie in living room, Client in one room, H20 in another room. sat is the new slimline (one output).

i have another slimline for the Motor Home that has the four outputs.

i want to take the H20 from the b-room and use it for tailgating. in the house it does not need the B-Band conv. and it works fine. but i think with the swm with the four outputs it will need it.

when i take the receiver out to the other dish and turn it on it will not go past the searching for SAT. cannot get to the menu to align the dish. i have it close but nothing i do will get the darn thing past searching. i have reset it and unplugged many times, no luck, just keeps searching.

sure hope someone can jump in and get me going on this thing.!!:help:

When it comes up to searching for signal just hit exit on the remote and see what that does for you.

Took me a while to figure it out also. You will need b bands on the tailgate setup i believe. That lnb has a multiswitch in it thats why it has 4 outputs.

Thanks Brad, worked good. i was trying to get it done without any remote.

funny thing is it said NO b band converter in the set up. works without it too. i know when i used this receiver before it did need one.

Oh well it is working, thank you, i may never have thought to get the remote out.

It will work on the 101 satellite, but it won't get hd channels without a b band converter on a non swm lnb.

Supermod38,
In your original post you mentioned ...

"new slimline (one output)" for the home.
then

"another slimline for the Motor Home that has the four outputs. "

The Motorhome one should use the BBC's ...

Are you sure you don't have 1 SWM Slimline set up in the house (with a Power Supply somewhere ?)

and the one in the MH is NOT ?

Supermod38,
In your original post you mentioned ...

"new slimline (one output)" for the home.
then

"another slimline for the Motor Home that has the four outputs. "

The Motorhome one should use the BBC's ...

Are you sure you don't have 1 SWM Slimline set up in the house (with a Power Supply somewhere ?)

and the one in the MH is NOT ?

yes, you are correct. the one for the home has the power supply and the splitter for the client. the one for the MH does not need the power supply.:D

yes, BUT............. when i go to the set-up menu its says NO BBC needed, so i left it off and it is working fine!

You should not be getting anything off the 99 or 103 Sat then, thats where the HD channels are ...

You'll still get SD though.
yes, that is correct.....................................would 99 and 103 be there if i put the BBC in line?

Sounds like the H20 hasn't been switched from SWM to Multiswitch in the MH. Going that way is manual but back to SWM should be automatic. I always found it a hassle so I switched out the RV LNB to SWM.

I didn't want to change over because i didn't want to use a power supply in the MH. i can run my TV and my receiver from my 12 converter and not have to use my Gen.

Understood but you still have to tell the box in Setup what kind of dish it is connected to SWM or Multiswitch..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)