Directv begins pegasus conversions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tingly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Directv begins pegasus conversions!

I got this call this afternoon. If you haven't gotten it yet, call 1-800-883-4992 and see if they'll do it.

They asked for phone number, first name of person on the bill, address, zip code, # of receivers, location of receivers (living room, bedroom,...), access ID card numbers (looks like 0002 3872 4872), and receiver serial numbers/manufacturers/model numbers. I get $10 off per month for the first 6 months and they gave me a number to call to get a free 20" dish/receiver upgrade.

We've been getting national PBS and FOX east/west even tho we were never eligible, the one good thing about Pegasus. They let us keep them on an a la carte basis after FCC cracked down on the distant channel thing. Pegasus said they were gonna turn off PBS after we'd had local channels for a month, but the month was up last week and it's still on, no mention of our FOX channels and I wasn't gonna point it out! When I switched to Directv just now, dtv let me keep the fox channels a la carte, but turned PBS off saying we'd get it with the 20" dish installation/local channels subscription.

They also said we'd get 8 local channels with the new dish. But, the website says we only get 7 here including national PBS (which is weird, cuz KCET/PBS has an antenna just outside town.) I shoulda asked about the mystery channel, but I didn't realize til later. So, do I not get the dish and possibly get to keep the a la carte fox? Do I get the 20", not change my local channel subscription and get to keep them? How long will it take for them to notice either way? Will Batman escape this time? heh

Other forums have been asking why I got the $10 discount. She didn't say, but apparently, I was signed up for the Double Deal which you can find on the front page of directv.com. It expires today, so call fast to see if the fine print works for you (like if you'd HAVE to get/activate a new dish/box), then hang up, cancel pegasus and signup online to get the free dvd player that I missed out on :p (if the operator swears you can.)

===

I looked at the fine print and HBO is required for double deal, so I don't know what deal I got. Old posts talk about asking for a double deal discount, so maybe hbo isn't as required as they claim.

I decided to go ahead and upgrade the dish to multi-sat since I wasn't sure how long I could keep fox e/w or I have the free locals dish upgrade available. I called 1-800-531-5000 last night to order a new dish and they said 'your acct is inactive.' I said 'but I'm getting the signal.' They tried again and said 'I show you as having a Pegasus acct.' I said that I made the transition to dtv on Friday, so they said to call 1-866-235-2500, the # you get on www.directv.com/pegasus . I shoulda asked for my directv acct # when I made the transition, woulda solved everything. (oh! they musta been looking at the dtv acct from the pre-pegasus days.) I tried the 5000 ph# again this morning in case the operator was having a bad day and this time they said, 'the 866 number you were referred to last night...' d'oh! She nailed me.

I called the 866 ph# and they said your acct is inactive, call the original peg->dtv number, 1-800-883-4992. So, off to Bombay and he said that my acct is active and there is no problem. "GIMME MY ACCT NUMBER!!!! *cough* I mean may I please have..." :) He gave it and I called the 5000 ph# yet again, this time able to input my acct # before I got an operator. Went smooth. If I understood, they ship me the dish/box in the mail and an installer comes out Aug. 11. They let me choose AM or PM. The number to cancel/move the date is 1-888-355-7530.

Waiting for the bill to come woulda worked, but I wasn't sure if I was under a time contraint. Never had to go thru anything like that with Pegasus! hehe Oh man, I forgot to ask how I got the $10 discount. Oh well.

I am going to switch from Pegasus to Directv. I was wondering if anyone that switched got a free DVR with Tivo. I was told by the CSR that I would have to pay $99 to get a DVR with Tivo.

Has anyone swtiched form PEgasus to DTV who had "waivers" submitted for network stations? I have the East/West network (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and FOX) stations, but I had to originally get written waivers from each local network affiliate. DTV rep says I will not have to get new waivers and will not lose the stations. However, she also asked me what a waiver was. LOL!

Needless to say, I'm worried about switching and losing my network stations.

from SLO too, eh? I shoulda gone for waivers, didn't think I had a prayer of getting them.

I'm hoping that my local CBS and FOX affiliates will let me have a waiver in order to get the CBS HD channel now, and the FOX one when they come online, since getting both OTA in HD is crappy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts