DirecTV cable runs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godthisblows

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Well I'm making the switch from cable to Satellite, I've had cable for years and I've gotten fed up with them now as my internet, phone and TV are through them and all of them have issues that they claim they can't fix. My question is I'm having a HD DVR installed and I'm curious as to how many runs from the satellite dish I need. Theres currently only one cable run from the basement to the room, are they going to have to run another cable into there?

Thanks.

The short answer is yes, you will need two lines. The current HD DVR is an HR20-700 dual tuner unit and needs two lines run to it to utilize both tuners. I think the unit will work with only one line, but you won't be able to record one program as it is broadcast and watch another broadcast at the same time or record two shows at the same time. The installer should be able to get you hooked up correctly with two lines.

It will work with only one tuner, but only as a time-shift type thing. You can still pause/rewind live TV, but can't watch one show while recording another, as the above poster stated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts