Directv Channel Additions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I checked out 114 this morning. All it does is tell you what channels are included in what package. It also gives some basic tips about equipment and other things. I was hoping you would be able to pay your bill and add channels like I can with my E* 625 receiver.

It looks like they are going to do the add channels feature "sometime in 2007" according to the press release.

Why are they adding all these "interactive" channels that most receivers can't even receive.
We now have:
1. The "Mix" channels that are interactive, for over a year. That don't work on many receivers.
2. The game channels that give you a message, "not available on this box" message.
3. And now 114, another interactive channel, that is useless to many. All I see is a duplicate of 201, guess it is because I don't have interactive receivers.

Why don't they upgrade their receivers before they add all these channels that most of us can't even use.

I have 3 different receivers or DVRs and none of them have the interactive feature enabled in them. They are all newer models, not old ones.

Why are they adding all these "interactive" channels that most receivers can't even receive.
We now have:
1. The "Mix" channels that are interactive, for over a year. That don't work on many receivers.
2. The game channels that give you a message, "not available on this box" message.
3. And now 114, another interactive channel, that is useless to many. All I see is a duplicate of 201, guess it is because I don't have interactive receivers.

Why don't they upgrade their receivers before they add all these channels that most of us can't even use.

I have 3 different receivers or DVRs and none of them have the interactive feature enabled in them. They are all newer models, not old ones.

Part of it is, that they want us to buy/lease new receivers so they can make a profit, that's what companies do, also, it's likely impossible and/or fiscal suicide to retrofit the older or incompatable (newer, but non-interactive) boxes, either for hardware limitations or legal, and lastly, you're not missing much. :)

Part of it is, that they want us to buy/lease new receivers so they can make a profit, that's what companies do, also, it's likely impossible and/or fiscal suicide to retrofit the older or incompatable (newer, but non-interactive) boxes, either for hardware limitations or legal, and lastly, you're not missing much. :)

I have a H-10 (9 months old) and a H-20 (leased and 6 months old) both of which has been added to my system they started with the 'interactive' channels. The remotes have the "interactive" button, but no interactivity. It is my understanding it is just a software addition to activate them.

I also have a HR-10 (6 months old) and am scheduled to get that replaced with a HR-20 later this month. I see where the HR-20 is interactive.

Well, from what I was told the software to make the H20's interactive is currently in testing and should be released soon. However, no concrete date has been set for it's release.

Before you ask, D* has no plans to make the H10's interactive.

Well, from what I was told the software to make the H20's interactive is currently in testing and should be released soon. However, no concrete date has been set for it's release.

Before you ask, D* has no plans to make the H10's interactive.

The HR20 already is interactive, I can't speak for the H20 as I don't have one.

Jimbo

how is the r15 not interactive? I tried to go to the games channel and it told me "this receiver does not support this channel yet". I was like WHAT THE F....? I just bought this receiver last year and it doesn't support the latest interactive features? I don't have an hdtv so I have no use for the hr20 so why would I go for the hr20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)