Directv Commitment Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blake9827

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Quick question.. if i sign up for new service with DirecTV and then have to cancel for some reason before the 2 year contract is up do i have to pay the early termination fee or can i just return the equipment and call it even?

thanks

MOST times if you have A GOOD and VALID reason, return the eq and they wont come after you.
HELL they dont want bad press as no big company does.

question though, the subs i am installing are only signing for a 1 year contract, why is yours 2?

blake9827 said:
Quick question.. if i sign up for new service with DirecTV and then have to cancel for some reason before the 2 year contract is up do i have to pay the early termination fee or can i just return the equipment and call it even?
thanks
---------
IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN YOUR PROGRAMMING COMMITMENT, DIRECTV MAY CHARGE YOU A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $300 FOR ADVANCED RECEIVERS. IN LIEU OF PAYMENT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM TO DIRECTV. VISIT DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

Hey Thanks guys.. I called them about 3 weeks ago and they said it was a 2 yr. contract did they change it to 1 yr.? I was hoping to get the instant rebate for the HD receiver. I'm just looking to get the best deal with the least amount of out of pocket cost!

Has anyone out there tried this yet? I am thinking about cancelling due to the fact that Verizon FIOS is available in my area and I can get more channels (including more HD) for about $20 less a month.

The terms are pretty clear - if you got your receiver after they changed to the 2 year commitment for advanced receivers (HD, HD-DVR, SD-DVR) you'll pay a $300 early termination fee if you cancel within a month. After that, the fee drops by $12.50 a month (or figure $12.50 x months remaining under contract). In lieu of the fee, you may return the equipment that is under contract - and you are free & clear. If your equipment is under the old 12 month commitment, it's the same deal, but the fee starts at $150.

FWIW, the return of equipment normally doesn't make sense except perhaps with an SD-DVR. Make sure you check the ebay market before deciding which route to take.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)